Chapter 48: Miyagi-Do

*Amy's P.O.V*

Sam and I arrived at Miyagi-Do and saw everyone else there.

The whole group walked to the back of the dojo where my uncle was standing there, waiting for us.

"Everyone, gather around." Daniel said as we all started to stand in a line.

I stood in between Eli and Sam.

"It's great to see you all back here." My uncle continued.

Then he started to say more, "You know, we had one goal going into the All Valley. Beat Cobra Kai. We walked away with a first-place trophy, thanks to Eli."

I clapped along with the rest of the dojo.

"As far as the rest of the tournament, well, it just didn't go our way." He said and that made me look to the ground in sadness.

It's because of me that we didn't win.

"We said we'd close our dojo if we lost.." Daniel started to say, "And.. that's exactly what we're going to do."

I looked at Sam before looking at Eli who shared confused looks as well.

"As of today, I am shutting down Miyagi-Do Karate." Daniel then said.

"What?" I said.

"Wait. Mr. LaRusso-" Eli started to say but he didn't get to say anything else.

"I know that's not what you were hoping to hear, but with everything going on at Cobra Kai, continuing to operate Miyagi-Do only leaves a target on your backs. Guys, I have to keep you safe, okay? Just remember what you've learned. This dojo may be closing, but Miyagi-Do lives inside each and every one of you still." Daniel said.

"Great. Guess I'm getting a summer job." Demetri said.

I feel so bad right now because again, this is all because of me.

Sam and I watched the rest of the dojo leave and we stayed to talk to Daniel.

"Dad, this can't be your plan." Sam said.

"I know you guys are disappointed." Daniel said.

"I just want to make things right." I started to say, "This wouldn't be happening if I hadn't lost to Tory at the tournament. This is all my fault."

"No, Amy. It's mine. With Johnny gone, it's on me to fix this. I reached out to Chozen because this isn't a tournament anymore. This is real life."

Yeah, he reached out to Chozen even though I haven't met him yet.

"But, Daniel, I can fight." I said.

"So can I." Sam inputted.

"This isn't your fight, guys." Daniel said, "I know first hand that Silver isn't afraid of putting kids in harm's way. And I have to keep all of you out of it. So please, just... just trust me on this."

Sam and I shook our heads before we walked away.

When we got to the front of the dojo, the rest of the group was there by their cars.

"What did your dad say?" Demetri asked Sam.

"He said that he had to keep us all out of the fight. He doesn't want us in danger." Sam explained.

"I'm the reason that this is happening." I said, "I'm so sorry."

"Babe, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself." Eli said, trying to assure me.

"If I didn't lose to Tory, we wouldn't be in this position right now and we all wouldn't be feeling like this." I said as I started to feel tears coming.