Chapter 18: Snap Back to reality (oh there goes gravity)

Start from the beginning

"Okay so do you remember who you are?" The doctor asked looking down at her clip board.

"I do. My name is Wednesday Friday Addams. I am 16 years of age. As of now I attend Nevermore academy and the woman laying in the bed next to me would be none other than my roommate Enid Sinclair. Does that answer your question."

The doctor was taken a back for a moment. I'm not surprised. I tend to have that affect on people.

"Well then, looks like I don't have to ask the next three questions then." She chuckled lightly.

I want the both of them out of here as soon as possible. All I want right now is to check on Enid. She is the only thing on my mind right now as much as I hate to admit it.

"Okay last question, do you feel any sort of pain in any part of your body?"

"Indeed so. I have a headache from all of the talking you are doing."

Perhaps I was being a bit to snappy but I don't want to deal with either of these people right now. However I do understand this is their job, but that doesn't make me want them gone any less.

"Okay I see you're not very happy with things right now, we will get out of your hair and come check on you and your roommate in a few hours or if she wakes up soon we'll see you soon Ms. Addams."

Both the doctor and nurse finally left. It was staring to seem as if they were going to bombard me with a hundred more idiotic questions and tests. The last thing I wanted to be doing was answering stupid questions.

After they shut the door I immediately get out of my bed and go over to Enid.

She laid perfectly still, with her hands at her sides. No trace of any makeup on her face. I just know she would be appalled at this fact.

My eyes catch a pink bag. Enid's.

I go and grab it looking for any sort of makeup. Luckily there was some lipstick and what I believe she said was eyeshadow. If I'm being honest doing makeup doesn't seem that hard at all so I should be able to apply this fairly quickly.

Enid looks beautiful with or without makeup, that's a cold stone fact, but I know my Enid and she would want to have makeup on even if she was dying. So that's what I am going to do.

Gently, I apply the lipstick to her soft pink lips. It glides perfectly against the smoothness of her lips leaving behind a light red trail on them. Next I apply a bit of pink eyeshadow to the creases of her eyelids.

It was perfect.

My hand slid into hers lightly gripping it. She was freezing. I go back over to my bed and grab the blanket that laid messily on the bed. The blanket that was on my bed seemed a bit thicker than the one covering Enid. Whoever did that was absolutely stupid.

Enid prefers to be blistering hot in her sleep whereas I prefer it to be ice cold. Clearly they didn't listen to my parents cause I know for a fact they would have told the doctors this information. Imbecilic American healthcare system.

I drape the blanket over Enid's body. My eyes watched as her chest slowly went up and down as she breathed. The urge to lay next to Enid was strong. So strong that I complied to its wishes.

Gently I slid into her bed, curling up in her arms, well rather just arm. I pulled the blanket I had just laid on her, over my body as well. Everything felt so relaxed like this.

The smell of watermelon and honeysuckle infused my nose. Instantly I felt at home. This musty hospital room that was just a place I'd prefer to blow up with C4, quickly turned into my childhood room.