CHAPTER 1

With winter at it's peak everyone was covered with double layers . Some also with mufflers and woolen caps who didn't want to let the cold breeze to touch their bodies in the slightest. The tea vendor near the college gate and the bhutta wala ( person who sells roasted corn ) were having a hay day . Even though the trees in this part of the country are evergreen , the glow and freshness was missing .

In the midst of this cold atmosphere Rohit came running to the student's council room . He was out of breadth and sweat had soaked his white uniform shirt .

"Did you see Anusuiya Ma'am? " He asked his friends Gaurav and Yash who were sitting in the Council room . His demeanor expressed in itself how anxious he was as he failed to meet this certain person .

"oohoo...lover boy.....so tensed . I saw her 15 minutes back walking towards the parking lot " Gaurav said . Rohit was about to run towards the parking lot when  Yash said the most obvious thing. "Where are you running of ....Ma'am must be 5 miles away by now, anyway why are you late ? You never miss to see your Anusuiya Ma'am . "

" Principal Sir called me to discuss the Annual event. I had to see her today. She is not involved in the function so she won't come to college from tomorrow . 24th is the event and if for some reason she doesn't come I won't be able to see her till January last week when college reopens after winter break . How will I live that long without  seeing her..." Rohit whined.

"Don't try to act cute Rohit . Anusuiya Ma'am might fall for you but not us . It doesn't suit your 6 ft bulky frame." Remarked Riya as she and Shruti walked in the room.

"You are the Student Council President ,and a smart one at that . You will definitely find a way " Shruti chimed in.

Rohit was 22 year old , 4th year Mechanical Engineering student . He also happened to be the President of the Student's Council and quite popular with both students and teachers. He was nearly 6 feet tall with a dark complexion and dark brown eyes and a pointed nose . The phrase -TALL DARK HANDSOME really fitted him very well. He was the only son of his parents who were both teachers in their local Government school . Tezpur his hometown is around 180 kilometers from Guwahati and a four hour drive . This was the reason why he had to stay in the college hostel away from his home . Early on he was terribly home sick and it needed a lot of pacifying from his parents to make him stay put . Now after 4 years this campus had become his second home.

Suddenly Yash said breaking the silence in the room , "Let's invite all the professors personally . Most of them live in the professors colony . We won't need to go so far . Only the few who live outside campus ...we will find their address from the office ....What say?"

Rohit jumped on Yash in excitement .....hugging him . "Thank you Bro , You are the best."

"So now Girls go to the office and find the addresses of the Professors, Yash draft the invitation letter and I will make the design of the letter. " Gaurav started giving instructions . Everyone started the proposed work when Rohit said, "What am I supposed to do ?"

"Go Back to your dreamland with Your Anusuiya Ma'am" All his friends chorused teasing him .

*

Next morning the group started the self assigned task . The Invitation Letters were put in envelopes and names written on them . Rohit took the envelope on which it was neatly written "Dr Anusuiya Kashyap." Without anybody noticing him , he took the envelope to his lips and gave a light peck on it . It was a love at first sight .

Dr Anusuiya Kashyap had joined their college 8 months ago to teach Thermodynamics . She had walked into the class clad in a white Mekhela Chador .(a three piece traditional attire of Assamese women)

(a three piece traditional attire of Assamese women)

She was fair and tall . Her hair was tied in a tight knot so Rohit couldn't make out how long her hair was . Thick eyelashes covered her light brown orbs . She didn't have an ounce of makeup but still her skin radiated a glow . Her lips were so pink that if there were a few more like her , the lipstick companies would go bankrupt.

"Hello Class ....I am Anusuiya Kashyap . I shall be taking your Thermodynamics class from now . Can anybody give me the formula to find Gibbs free energy?" And so the class had started . Everybody was captivated by her . Nor just by her beauty but also by her passion for the subject. Rohit had fallen for her ....absolutely head over heels .

As days rolled by she became more close to her students ...maybe because she was only five years older than them . She liked to hang out with the students more than the professors . The girls who were jealous of her had become her best buddies . The shared interest in rock music and cars brought her closer to the boys while The love for BTS and NewJeans made her a new favorite among the girls . Her students knew that her father is in the Army and her mother a fashion designer . That she had done her Bachelors in IIT(Indian Institute of Technology ),Delhi and Masters and Doctorate in IIT, Guwahati. They just wowed at her achievements . Inspite of every thing she was so grounded that everyone loved her more. Rohit was jealous of everybody but had to wait for another 5 months till he graduated . Then he won't be her student anymore . He knew there was a age gap which his parents might disapprove but he planned to work very hard and make them proud of him and then persuade them to accept his love .

Finally they were ready to leave .

"Come on boy , let's go to your in laws place" Gaurav teased and everybody joined in .

***************************************************************************************

I am so excited to publish this that I didn't proofread it . Will edit later .

Enjoy

Disha