𝙾𝚗𝚎-𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝙱𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢

================================

 Day 18/²
11:³⁰pm

           "So he has no family to contact?" I sighed as I glanced over at the blue haired man sitting silently in the hospital bed with one of his eyes bandaged and the bruise at the corner of his mouth covered with a small band aid. " No credit card? No nothing? "

               "For the third time Ma'am, no," the doctor sighed before showing me the papers on his notebook. "According to his ID he is twenty-three years old, male,  Kaeya Alberich, severe burn on his hip, permanent eye damage, and a few bruises on his arms and face."

                "He looks a bit dazed though," I pointed out, glancing at the young man sitting in bed staring at us in confusion." You sure he is okay?"

              "It's probably due to severe shock . . . He didn't say anything about how  he ended up on the streets," the doctor explained. " Aside from that he is in perfect health, however its safe to say his injuries aren't that of a car accident." 

               "He is still cute though, not my type, but cute," Janet stated shaking hands with the  patient without hesitation and handing him my number. " You'll make a good waiter at our new place."

        " Janet the guy just woke up from an accident for crying out loud you can't just horde him with a job request!" I scolded her as the man took her card and stared at it blankly. 

         " I have good intentions!" She complained as she shot the guy a wink and whispered him an address. " . . . Her so-called finance broke up with her one their second day of engagement--"

         Even in a hospital she was trying to hook me up with a cute guy she assumed is my type . . . Sadly, she knows me too well, but I was not ready to expose my dying love life to a patient at the hospital, who got their own bullshit to deal with. "Okie that's enough! Thank you doctor, but we will take our leave!" I laughed awkwardly, before running out of the room and slamming her against the door. "Okie fine ! He is cute and hot, but we are in a hospital for crying out loud!"

      She only grinned cheekily and pulled out her phone," So you admit you like a man in distress."

" For Barbatos' sake Janet! Not the time to call me out!" I wanted to tear my face apart upon realizing the words leaving my lips. " I'm just deprived of a love and affection because of that good for nothing homewecker! I'm not looking for a hook up! Be grateful we aren't paying for any damages today!" 

"Now now now you're crying again you big dum dum, " she wasn't wrong, unlike her I was a mess.

        My makeup was ruined from crying over a failed relationship that broke record and blood stains covering my dress. Heck, I looked like I just stepped out of a horror movie and was the killer-bride-ghost.  "I'm a mess . . . I'm pathetic . . . " She patted me on the head, further pointing out my lack in height when standing near her. "This day couldn't get worse."

         Janet only sighed before pulling a thick stack of money and going back into the room. "Wait here ," she said.

         I stood there awkwardly sniffing and sitting on one of the benches while the nurses shot me pitiful looks. I did not want to cry. I did not want to look so pathetic. I could still smell the rottening smell of blood, before a nurse finally came to my side with a fresh hospital robe in her arms.  "Miss, please let me take you to the shower room," Her voice was soft yet slightly pitched; with her blond pigtails resting on her shoulders, she took her gloved hand in mine. "Don't worry it's all fine now."

         "Ya right," I mumbled, before Janet slipped out of the patient's room with a paper in hand. "I've done it once again— Where are you going with my lil bunny ?"

         "O-oh just a quick shower she seems a bit shaken up by the accident," The pigtailed nurse stuttered awkwardly feeling Janet's stare–glare drilling into her skull.

         Janet's expression lightened up at her reasoning, before inching closer, "I didn't catch your name lil piglet."

        The nurse huffed, cheeks turning red in embarrassment at the nickname before leading me to the bathroom in a hurry, without breaking eye contact with Janet and shooting her an acute glare raging with fury. She turned to me once my friend was out of sight, " She is quite rude for no reason what so ever!"

         I swallowed tears , before chuckling weakly," Don't mind her she's hostile when it comes to me and strangers . . . It's a childhood thing."

         "So she's protective?  I'm a nurse though! By the way call me Barbara ," she seemed to be comfortable enough with me as we walked through the hallways . " Honestly, when Sir Baihzu told me of the situation I was terrified I would have to see a dead body on my first week at work!"

         I shivered again, feeling the whole experience digging its claws into my mind again. " Yea  . . . " was all my dried lips could muster. " A break up, trying to cover the finances to my restaurant,  nearly hitting an already bleeding person.  . . What a great day to be alive."

         " Oh dear . . . Don't beat yourself up though," she halted, clasping my bloodied hands and looking at me straight in the eyes. " Sir Baizhu said you tried stopping his bleeding the whole time! He nearly mistakened you as his lover even."

         She cheaply looked to the side. " I'm guessing you made up that last part?" I could not help but laugh slightly at her bashfullness as she got flustered.

           "I thought you were lovebirds," she mumbled shyly looking away. " HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU WEREN'T?! YOU LOOKED SO WORRIED UNLIKE YOUR FRIEND! "

           " Aish . . . Today was stressful . . . My emotions got the better of me, plus anyone would react like that in that situation," I sighed. " You know if you're ever free we could hang out ? Café? Cat's Tail? If you want that is. "

           She seemed to lighten up at my invite and was slightly jumping, before regaining her composure. "Would love to, but first lets get you cleaned up!" She seemed to be in a better mood than ever now, however being in the hospital was a good enough reminder she was on duty. "Honestly, how about stopping by the church sometime? I'll have to introduce you to all the sisters there! You'll feel right at home !"