Apathy

2 | Apathy
TW: Animal violence, Physical abuse, breakdown, mind break, implication of murder, minor character death, gender confusion.

| Taiyou Empire,
Aodaisho* City (WSW Riverport City),
Outside Akaiha Tavern |

The night was darker than usual, even though the streets are lit by standing torches. The moon was hiding between the clouds, darkening the earth, leaving orange flares as light.

In a deserted street connecting the forest trail and the path heading to Akaiha Tavern, two people were walking and conversing casually, to elude suspicion from any prying eye.

"We are late you idiot," the man blames the woman beside him. "Yeah, piece of shit, don't blame me when you literally can't handle your trails. You know we can't risk getting tailed right?"

"I'm just making sure no one can trace our location. Demanding bitch," the woman rolls her eyes.

"Tch, let's just hope that the person we are meeting isn't the boss of the Koneko-Neko Guild..."

"Dumbass, it's Kuroneko!" She corrects.

"Yeah, same thing!"

"You better control yourself when we meet him, he hates people like you."

"Like me??"

"Yeah! Tactless and unintelligent."

"That is quite rude! Not like I'm not used to it though," he shrugs. "But yeah I'm quite surprised, the merchandise this time is a little bit..."

"A little bit...?"

"Infamous," the man continues as the cold air chills him, "This omega, in particular, had quite an issue in the past... to be specific, about twelve years ago..."

"Why what happened?" the woman disinterestedly asks.

"She murdered her husband..." the man answers, "The scene wasn't pleasing, as a person who had seen bloodshed on a daily basis."

"How are we sure that she won't harm the envoys?" the woman inquires apprehensively, "Duh? Because she's an omega that makes it safe..."

Just as omegas are capable of doing a handful of things, omegas are also incapable of a lot. When one is born as an omega, they shouldn't expect a standard life, for an omega is perfectly taught the ways of second nature.

If alphas had the freedom to choose what they want to do in life, omegas weren't for they serve one purpose and role in the dynamics of society. An alpha provides, and an omega births. This had been the standard since the beginning of time.

And so she wondered, 'What could have made this omega murder her husband?'

Was she dissatisfied? Was the man committing adultery? What more could an omega want when they are given everything they need?

She does not know yet she is afraid to know the real reason why one person can murder someone just like that.

"You said it yourself; she was able to kill her husband, what makes you think the envoys will be safe?" the woman shakes her head.

"Because it might be out of luck you know? That is physically impossible, if she truly was the one who committed homicide, she should've died from the curse," the man explains.

The woman thinks deeply, "Well... That actually makes sense. Very unlikely you."

"Yeah, I know, people usually think I'm no genius, but could I be one? —!"