Chapter 44: It has finally arrived

Começar do início

"What time is it now?"

When she heard Xiao Jin's voice, Su Tan's movements paused slightly, and she looked up.

Seeing the other party's wrinkled brow, she didn't know what she remembered, and her words were filled with an extremely rare kindness, "It's already the hour of the rooster."

Xiao Jin had just woken up and didn't immediately realize what time it was. She was still trying to figure it out when the curtain outside was gently lifted, and her attention was drawn to the hand.

Everything that had happened before she fainted suddenly rushed into Xiao Jin's mind.

Before she fainted, various things flashed in Xiao Jin's mind.

At this point, the Hehuan Powder on Xiao Jin's body had been dispelled, but her embarrassment had not dissipated.

Her embarrassment made her expression somewhat unnatural, causing her to glance at the curtain and then lower her gaze, pretending not to have seen anything.

After all, she didn't know what she had done after fainting.

Unexpectedly, it was not Chu Shao who entered the room, but Old Zhang, the steward who had just been brewing medicine outside.

Seeing Xiao Jin wake up, he was almost in tears and exclaimed, "Your Highness, you've been unconscious for so many hours, and now you've finally woken up! You really scared me with your fainting spell..."

It was only then that Xiao Jin looked up and glanced at Old Zhang, clearing her throat and asking, "Where is the Princess?"

Old Zhang was stunned, looked around, and muttered to himself in confusion, "Strange, Her Highness the Princess was just here guarding Her Highness...I just went to brew some medicine, how come she's gone?"

At this moment, Xiao Jin looked at the candle burning inside the room and suddenly remembered that the period between You hour was from seven to nine in the evening?

So she asked Old Zhang, "Since it's You hour, has Princess Zhao Yang's birthday banquet already begun?"

Old Zhang laughed and said, "Your Highness is really joking, the palace banquet ended long ago."

Xiao Jin was silent for a moment and asked again, "So I missed Princess Zhao Yang's birthday banquet?"

Xiao Jin didn't expect that she just went to pick someone up and not only got hit but also missed the Princess's birthday party. Not to mention investigating the Spring Mountain wind case and taking Chu Shao to visit Xiao Shuang as planned.

One mistake led to another, and it was really a mistake at every step.

Old Zhang nodded and explained with a smile, "But Your Highness doesn't need to worry, I had already sent someone to inform Princess Zhao Yang earlier that you were unwell and unable to attend the birthday banquet, and I also sent the congratulatory gift prepared by the palace to her."

After hearing the other party's words, Xiao Jin said indifferently, "When I met with the Princess this morning, I was still full of energy. Now suddenly falling ill at night, do you think the Princess will believe it?"

Su Tan stood by the side, struggling to suppress her laughter. 

Old Zhang, the steward, was momentarily stunned, but then slapped his forehead and laughed, "The prince is absolutely right. But there's no need for the prince to worry, because he's not the only one who didn't show up. In fact, Fourth Prince...didn't attend the banquet either."

Xiao Jin didn't find it surprising.

After all, she had beaten Fourth Prince so badly that if he still had the face to attend the banquet, she would truly admire him from the bottom of her heart.