New Beginnings With a Narwal

Start from the beginning

A small smirk makes it way onto my face as I say, "Oh, I can do both."

"Did that deal never really occur in your mind?" Her eyes narrow.

I immediately shake my head. "No, I don't betray my friends."

She tilts her head and confusion clouds her gaze. "But you did. You had friends in Mount Weather."

I grit my teeth before answering. "Those deaths are on you, too. The only difference is, you have no honor, and I had no choice."

She sighs, shaking her head before standing. "It helps no one to dwell on the past, and that's not why I'm here." She brushes off nonexistent dust on her shirt. "You're right. I'm not just letting you go back to your people. I want something more." She takes a step towards me. "I want your people to become my people. I'm offering Skaikru the chance to join my coalition, become the 13th Clan." She says and a small chuckle leaves my throat as I turn to look out the window. "No one would dare to move against you because that would be moving against me." She finishes.

I shake my head, a sadistic smirk taking its place on my lips. "Just leave me alone. I'm done. Do you understand that?" I narrow my eyes as I stare at her. "I left."

She sighs before crouching down in front of me. "You can't run away from who you are, Reskripa. Join me. Bow before me and your people will be safe." She says and white hot range fills me.

"To hell with you and your coalition." I spit, standing before her. "Bow before you?" I almost laugh. "You don't give a damn about my people. I know why you're here. I made you look weak at Mount Weather, and now the Ice Nation is exploiting that." I say and I see her shell crack. "Well, if you want the power of Reskripa or Jusdreinheda or whatever, kill me! Take it." I seethe, stepping closer to her. "Otherwise, go float yourself because I will never bow to you." I grit my teeth, refraining from saying worse things.

She narrows her eyes before nodding to herself. "Let me know if you change your mind." She says and leaves.

----------------

Lexa, of course, trying to befriend me gave me free reign of the tower with the adage of a permanent guard on me 24/7.

I open two double doors to a bedroom and spot a familiar form looking down from the balcony.

I walk up to him and mutter, "Well, if it isn't the Prince of Azgeda." I say, looking out over the city. "How do you feel after being double crossed?" I almost smirk in his direction.

He sighs, "Don't be fooled. I'm a prisoner here, same as you."

I nod to myself, "You're the reason I'm a prisoner here." I grit out.

"Relax Jusdreinheda." He chuckles, still not looking at me. "I'm here to help."

I roll my eyes. "Sure you are."

"Commander promised to lift my banishment if I delivered you safely. She broke our deal." I see him eyeing me from my peripheral. "I'm willing to strike a new one with you so we can both go home."

I raise an eyebrow at his words before finally bringing my eyes to his. "I'm already going home." I say.

His eyes squint while a smile dances at the corners of his mouth. "Then you won't have a chance to get what you really want."

I tilt my head before asking, "Which is...?"

This time he really smiles. "Revenge."

I break the eye contact and return my gaze to the movement of people below the tower. "You want to kill her. So kill her." I say, leaning on the balcony.