"I apologize!! I'm sorry! I'll- I'll find him and I'll bring him to you, I promise!"

His intense glare burned through my mask before he finally let me go. I landed on my ass, and let me tell you, that hurt like a motherfucker.

"You better find him, or else I may not be so kind next time." He growled and turned away from me.

"But I won't go back on my word. I had promised to let you off the hook if you harvested many, and you did just that. I'll even be considerate and take these two that you have brought." William said with a calmer tone this time.

I was breathing heavily and wrapped my hands around my neck, feeling for any cuts that I may have missed because of his sharp claws. Once I realized that there were no injuries, I sighed in relief and closed my eyes, feeling my limbs relax a bit. Though, I flinched again when William spoke.

"Get up. You look pathetic." He demanded and I quickly scrambled to get up. I then heard him chuckle a little.

"You know, I could get used to you being this obedient and respectful towards me."

William started to walk back to his charging station.

"Prepare the bodies for the harvest."

I silently did as I was told.

_______________________

"Ah, that feels much better!" William said in delight after I had just transfered two remnants into his body. Soon, with this much remnant I'm pumping into him, he'll achieve his goal of immortality.

Then....then he'll set me free...right?

That's...what he promised before...

I just need to put up with his crankiness and harvest more so I could get this over with. After that, I'll get to live a life with my (Y/n).

I sighed.

Oh (Y/n)...

The lengths I'd go for you...

I sighed, trying to think of nothing but (Y/n) to try and cheer myself up a bit. Unfortunately, that was broken by William's voice snapping me out of my trance.

"You are silent now. Normally, you would be babbling about how you would find the child, or about anything really. Tell me, Vanny, is there something bothering you?"

I raised a brow, questioning in my mind why he was suddenly acting so caring, but I also couldn't resist the urge to just spill everything to him.

God, what am I thinking. Its not like I have to talk to him about deep shit. I'm not that lonely, am I?

"It's nothing." I replied shortly, then over thinking that I may have sounded a little disrespectful and expected him to lash out again. But he seemed to be in a better mood once he received the remnant.

"Oh come on now, Vanny, you know you can trust me!" He pried, "Didn't I once say you could tell me anything?"

It was always like this.

William would draw me in with his sweet talk, then out of the blue he'd just start yelling at me again. It's a never ending cycle, but I atleast know the pattern of his behavior by now. He gets less cranky when he gets remnant. It's like a drug for him.

And I hate to admit it, but I always also craved his kind words, no matter how fake they were. It was just enjoyable to see him pleased with what I have done.

"No, really. It's nothing. You don't have to worry." I turned to him and smiled under my mask.

"Hmm.." He hummed. "Is this about that girl?"