Arc 1: Chapter 2

Side note: [ Mana - the energy source that allows people to use magic. Like when we use electricity to power a lightbulb, mana is used in magic to create spells. You can think of it kinda like fuel.]

♡----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡------♡----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡----♡-----♡

It could have been an accident, a whim of the gods, fate even but as Jennette liked to call it her 'big fuc**** break!'

To understand what happened we have to go back to when she was 3. Ever since she overheard that Ijekiel was going to leave for Arlanta she had an insatiable curiosity to see the place for herself.

One way was for Duke Alpheus to allow her to accompany Ijekiel to Arlanta but chances of that happening were slim to none. First, she was meant to be a secret until he wanted to reveal her as a princess and secondly, she didn't want to rely on that man.

He wasn't treating her badly; she had food, a roof over her head, access to enough clothes and education but everything he did seemed sly, like it was all a calculated game he was playing.

Sorry but no, Jennette was infinitely more in favor of her second plan, use magic in order to be able to teleport to Arlanta.

First this allows her to be able to control the black mana thats continually leaking out of her, second if she ever needs to run away from the emperor, her 'father' or even the Duke she would be able to and third while learning to teleport she could gain access to other type of magic and like Athanasia did while she was on the run she would be able to hide.

As great as the second option was there was just one itty bitty problem. She has no idea how to use her magic.

Being in a duke's mansion did help; they collected a variety of books over the long history of the family, and this includes books on magic but Jennette didn't have pure Obelian magic.

Like what Lucas said when he called the original Jennette a chimera she herself was born through the use of dark magic. This meant her mana has black magic mixed into her very veins and she was NOT risking hurting herself to remove it.

This meant that she had to find a whole new way of using magic. Normally people would use incantations and magic circles like a series of code to make their mana do what they want.

Jennette on the other hand had to figure out a new way to channel her mana.

She instinctively was able to know the different possibilities of her magic; she just didn't know the correct way to use a magic circle with her type of mana.

If she had to give an example to explain her situation it was knowing all the letters in the alphabet and their sounds but not knowing how to put them together in words or sentences to make something happen.

While she could use the spells in the book as a guideline it would only be able to roughly tell her what the words (magic) she was trying to spell sounds like, placing the letting to make the actual word was her job...

UGH! While she knew that she was going to choose the magic, she was not looking forward to failing over and over again.

Unlike Athanasia who was able to instinctively use magic and teleport almost immediately it took her over 1 year of secretly practicing in the greenhouse and an entire new magic book she wrote for herself of the most basic of words, rules and tips on how to control her new power to be able to release a portion of her magic without it exploding in her face.

On a positive note every time she made a breakthrough in her understanding she felt her magic synchronize to her body and controlling it got a lot easier.

After another year about 3 weeks after her 5th birthday her 'Big fuc**** break' finally arrived. After 2 years of training her magic she was FINALLY able to teleport around the duke's mansion.

While she couldn't travel far and her range was on the smaller side, it was her first time being able to use magic to this degree and this was progress to her but there was now a problem...

♡----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡------♡----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡-----♡----♡-----♡

Hey this is pretty much my first time writing and publishing my work so thank you guys for reading it.

*:;,。・★Thanks(◎≧v≦)人(≧v≦●)Thanks☆・:.,;*

I'll try to update this regularly (once every week) but if something comes up to delay a post I'll try to make up for it ASAP. 

But for now since I'm just starting this novel I'll try to post every day but normally it should be once a week. 

See you on the next chapter~♡