CHAPTER 2 - TAG ALONG ON HISTORY LANE

Lexi felt her face burning at his gaze on her."Please don't look at me like that Kian" she said not making long eye contact with him. "Why, are you still shy? I know a way to take away all that shyness you know"he said shamelessly.
    Lexi's eyes almost popped out of their sockets when she heard him say that and he accompanied his words with his hands which slowly found their way to the back of her dress and settling on her zipper.
     She placed her hands on his chest. "Kian, what are you talking about?"" I'm talking about love making my dear. Don't worry, after this all your shyness will disappear "he said unbothered.
    "Oh no, it must my tear"Lexi thought.

      Lexiana Vertritz was the daughter of the king of Mountain Gale. Mountain Gale as per the name was located in the coldest part of the mountains north of Zenid country.
      The people of Mount Gale were noted for their flawless pale skin,blackest of black hair except for the royals who had snow white hair,shape-shifting abilities and inhuman healing powers with spell casting.
        Accompanied with this their level of technology was beyond anyone's imagination. Even though they were an isolated country and were ruled by a king they still kept themselves modern.
      The royals however also had these enchanting grey eyes and skin paler than the rest of the country folk. Anyone who married I to the Royal family would take this form after the bond has been complete.
        The Vertritz family reproduced easily but finding the compatible bond was sometimes a problem since a bond was a destined soul mate.
        So they would have to travel around the country where fate would bring the two together and their souls would merge to become one.
     Once the bonding process was done the Royal would return to the Royal Palace with his bond and the process would continue.
       One thing however that made the people of Mount Gale so rare was their healing abilities. The normal citizens could heal with their hands but healing s large number of injured could drain them of their energy , making them vulnerable to attacks.
         But the royals, they had their healing powers in their tears. It  also serves as an aphrodisiac. So if by any chance the Royal was not in love or had no feelings for his or her bond they could still reproduce just by the bond of the Royal tasting the royals tear.
       Both spouses would become one since they would have the urge to do so. And sooner or later an offspring would be born.
        Fortunately, it had never happened in the history of the Vertritz family .
       However it had happened where a  Galien fell in love with someone who wasn't their bond. In this case the couple could still be together but would bear no children because the female could only bear the child of her bond and no one else.
      The people of Mount Gale always married within their people but never objected to foreigner unless it was the person's bond.(Note;only Galiens did the binding while other places the people marry who they love and so on)
      In the case of Lexi, she was the first female to be born into the Royal family and the last born of her parents. Since the royals didn't age quickly, they produced a lot in order to keep the bloodline in check.
      Lexi had nine brothers and all her cousins were also males. So she grew up around them and watched each of them head out and after a few weeks come back with a female.
       She never under stood what was happening until her immediate elder brother told her about the bonding system.
       And like any normal child would do, she became curious.  When she turned seventeen she begged and begged her parents to allow her fo find her bond. Of course they instantly forbid it saying she was roo young.
       That did not kill her zeal to pursue   her dream and she continued to beg until her parents finally gave in.
       She was told however that her brothers would accompany her .So her two eldest brothers who when compared to her, made her look like a seven year old  accompanied her on part of the journey.
         Before they departed, they gave her a lot of bear hugs and gadgets she would need on her trip. She could shape-shifting to travel but her brothers still gave her a teleporter.
     In her home home country there no cars since everyone had their own means of travelling but other technologies were present.
          Lexi travelled as a mountain cat but after encountering larger  creatures,she took the form of a great white wolf which is the largest predator you could find in that region.
       After travelling for some days ,she came across a small town that seemed to thrive with all kinds of technologies. She could see hover cars,bikes and people walking around with their robotic butlers. They all seemed pretty comfortable.
        She was about to move on when some hunters spotted her. The robots with them were commanded to apprehend her and began shooting beams of painful lasers at her.
        She dodged them all and was able to flee  but after some time they caught up with her again.They fired another round and she got wounded in her left hind leg.
       Lexi felt the pain and howled. The robots caught hold of her and placed her in a net.The hunters soon got ther and were going to pull her away when the robots suddenly became alert.
      Lexi was losing a lot of blood and found it difficult to change back to her human form.
     The hunters looked around but nothing moved then they were suddenly startled by a flight of birds that came out of the leafless trees not too far from where they were.
        They calmed down a bit and continued on their way back to the town. But as they moved their numbers decreased one by one until it was left with the leader and the robots who were dragging Lexi in a cart.
       When the leader realised his comrades were gone je panicked a bit and sent out the robots to locate them.