12. ꧁Gamer bfs be like꧂

"Just fall asleep, sweet dreams
You can't get off the ride
A wolf in sheep clothes, his disguise
In the na-na-na-night
You'll be hiding inside"

Devil by the window is such a good song lol

-3RD PERSON POV-
{Y/n's story}

In the 5wirl dorms, everyone was occupied and busy with an activity. Y/n went from door to door busy looking for everyone in their rooms. Kazuha was busy with writing lines for their next song, Venti was catching up on the hundreds of homework's he missed and Aether who seemed to not be in the apartment at the moment.

They stomped off annoyed and didn't know what to do. Although, there was one member left. Xiao. The maknae as well as somewhat unfriendly member. Also the supposed 'boyfriend' of Y/n as fan made by the group.

Taking a breath, Y/n knocked on his door awaiting a response or message of approval to come in. A pause was there but hesitantly, a voice shouted back,
"... come in"

Xiao sat in his chair and he seemed to be playing video games at the moment with his headphones in. His hair was slightly messy and he wore a large black hoodie which slightly revealed his collarbone. He paused his game and looked up to Y/n. His curious catlike eyes soon turned to a glare and he spat back out,
"What do you want?"
While unpausing the game but leaving his headphones down.

'Woah rude..'
Y/n thought with a disgusted look at his attitude.
"I'm bored."
They blankly stated with no other descriptions. Xiao sighed and rolled his eyes.
"And? That's my problem why? Go bother Kazuha or Aether."

He received no feedback yet he could sense that their presence was still standing by his door without any signs of leaving.
"No."
Was what he got in return. He slouched in his gaming chair in defeat and clearly annoyed.
"Ok fine, come here"

Y/n's mouth twisted into a satisfied smile and they ran over next to him while mouthing,
'Yay!'
He still carried on playing but he then said,
"You okay with this?"
"Hm? With what?"

Feeling something pinch hold of their shirt, Y/n was pulled down onto Xiao's lap as he continued playing games without any bother. Y/n froze and took a while to process it. What made it even worse was the fact that Xiao was resting his chin on the crook of their neck while having a arm slithered around their waist to hold his controller.

Y/n's face heated up and they said,
"I could've just sat on your bed y'know?"
With their heart racing. Xiao was heavily focused on the game but mumbled back,
"I know. but I wanna teach you how to play better so..."

Not having any comebacks or responses, Y/n just nodded at what he said.
"Pay attention to how I play then"
Xiao started to explain the controls and the game dynamics with Y/n attentively listening and taking in all the information. Once he was done explaining all the basic controls, Y/n watched him play in action to show what the game would be like.

Taking small glances at Y/n's face, he couldn't help but find it cute at how seriously Y/n took the game and how focused they were.
"Ahh so adorable.."
He accidentally vocalised his thoughts making Y/n give him a weird look.
"Huh?"
"Eh.."

He lost focus from the game and started to panic until he heard Y/n groan.
"You're so bad at this game. It's actually pissing me off watching you play"
They whined. Xiao raised his eyebrow and smirked,
"Oh yeah? Let's see how good you really are at this."

Xiao placed the controller in Y/n's hands and started to laugh a little as Y/n started to panic with the sudden switch. They started the game and did surprisingly well. To be honest, Xiao wasn't even focused on Y/n playing, he was rather enjoying and relaxing the moment as he hugged Y/n's waist and admired their pretty features up close.

He saw Y/n smile and cheer as they successfully cleared the level.
"See? This is so easy, you're so bad at this game."
Xiao scoffed at Y/n's cockiness and then replied,
"I put this match on easy level, so you wanna try the level I play at?"
He said which knocked down Y/n's confidence by 1000.

They stuttered a bit before letting out a,
"Yes."
Making him laugh and then change the settings level. Y/n sweated a little seeing him go from the easiest level to expert. He pressed start and then gently gave the controller to Y/n and leaned back enjoying the show.

It was clear Y/n was struggling and they were just spamming buttons.
"Why is this so hard?! I feel inferior suddenly..."
The said whining while playing. Xiao stated,
"Fine. I'll show you how to play."

He leaned up closer and put his hands over Y/n's and directed their movements eventually winning. Not surprisingly, they won the game (with the help of Xiao of course) and were full of joy.
"And once again! The victorious Y/n prevails! With the help of their useless gamer try-hard boyfriend support!"
They said happily.

A huge red tint became obvious on Xiao's face but he started to laugh genuinely at Y/n's cute reaction.
"Yep, that's my girl"
He said with a smile, the arms that he had around her tightening. Y/n giggled and continued to play but the front door was heard. That was when Aether had arrived home.

Aether had originally promised to get Y/n the new album they desperately wanted from their favourite group. Not even waiting or taking a second to think, Y/n already pounced out of Xiao's grasp and was rushing down the hallway to Aether at full speed. Xiao was disappointed that Y/n left so suddenly. He sighed but then paused and his eyes widened. His heart started to beat at the realisation...

'Did she just call me her boyfriend earlier?'