Bruce looked forward to it every night and he knew that him three months ago would have an aneurysm even thinking about being in the same room as Vance.

He hoped that after high school things would be the same. That he'd still have those moments with Vance where it felt like everything around them had faded away and his worries would wash out of his body by just the touch of Vance's hand in his. He hoped he still had moments watching movies with his friends where Robin would be talking during most of it and Finney would scold him until the movie was basically just background noise. He hoped he would still be able to have conversations with Billy about random things that would make Bruce laugh, even if it was annoying debates about superheroes.

Bruce didn't want anything to change.

The bedroom door opened, and Bruce saw Billy jump out of the corner of his eye, causing Bruce to let out a tiny smile. He turned to see Vance enter the room, his hair tied back from working on the garden.

"How was the gardening?" Billy asked, smiling at him cheekily. Vance glared at him.

"Fuck off, Showalter." Billy laughed, putting his hands up in surrender before looking back down at his comic book.

"Yeah, how was it?" Bruce asked, smiling up at Vance who stood near the door still. Vance rolled his eyes.

"Shit. It's hot out there and your mother had so much weeds and she asks me to 'help' when she literally did nothing." Bruce laughed at him. "She seriously sat on a chair while I was pulling out these weeds for her."

Vance wiped at his forehead, and Bruce wished he had seen Vance pulling out the weeds while his mother lounged probably in her big sun hat with a drink in her hand. Despite what Vance would claim, Bruce knew he liked doing the gardening especially with Mrs. Yamada.

Vance walked over to him, looking at the comic that laid on the desk. Bruce spun around in his chair to face the comic as well, while Vance leaned down, his hand resting on the back of Bruce's chair.

"Whenever Billy leaves, wanna watch a movie?" Vance asked, whispering into Bruce's ear, Vance's breath sending shivers down his spine. "I'll buy us snacks."

Bruce looked up at him, smiling softly.

"Sure." Vance looked at him for a moment before quickly kissing him. It was quick and over in a second. Bruce stared at him with wide eyes before glancing over his shoulder at Billy who hadn't paid them any attention. Vance laughed softly at Bruce's reaction before standing up straight again, walking toward the door. "Where are you going?" Bruce asked.

"Your mom said I only had a five minute break." Vance groaned.

-

The two now stood in The Grab 'N Go, they were supposed to be getting snacks for the two of them to share during their movie, Bruce was naive to believe they would make a quick trip. Bruce was holding the jar of spare change his mother kept, watching Vance play pinball. The sun was fully set now and the moon hung in the sky as Vance popped another quarter into the machine.

Bruce had asked him multiple times if they could leave which would just be followed with a quick 'soon, I'm almost done' from Vance... he had said those words at least ten times now and Bruce rolled his eyes each time Vance reached his hand in the jar.

He silently cursed his mother for giving Vance all these quarters for him to waste their time on. He wasn't expecting this movie at the end of the night anymore.

He watched Vance's fingers push the buttons causing the ball to bounce around the machine, the loud noises being the only thing heard in the convenient store. Bruce had looked over at the cash register a few times, seeing the employee carelessly stare at them with a bored expression as if his shift would be over if they ever decided to leave.