Chapter 26: Only she reached a world of embarrassment by herself

Start from the beginning

Moreover, a beauty hidden behind a heavy curtain always left room for imagination.

However, just as Chu Shao smiled and raised her hand to lift the bead curtain, a mechanical voice sounded in Xiao Jin's ear.

"Difficulty coefficient of the host's current activity detected to be too high. Please choose carefully."

Xiao Jin: ?

Hearing the system's words, Xiao Jin was truly speechless.

Choose? Is there still a choice now?

We're already at Bai Zheng's doorstep, and only now does the difficulty warning come? Isn't the delay a bit too long?

"To ensure the host's subsequent enjoyable experience, the system will temporarily add some additional enhancements."

"What enhancements?"

"For example, the host can use other voices for a short period of time to conceal their true identity."

Xiao Jin: ...

"If you want to add voice-changing buffs, just say it directly. There's no need to make it so complicated."

"Okay. Because the host's remaining lifespan is only 72 hours, you can exchange 48 hours for a 12-hour voice-changing effect, with an additional 12 hours of non-triggering coughing."

"It's a buy-one-get-one-free deal, very cost-effective."

Xiao Jin fell silent.

Cost-effective? It's really cost-effective.

Just put the stingiest book's system on the public screen.

With ten years of writing experience, she had never seen a system more stingy than this one.

Xiao Jin had intended to ignore the system's domineering terms, but after Chu Shao lifted the pearl curtain completely, without the coral bead string's cover, she instantly felt an unmistakable burning gaze.

Even though her eyes were covered by white silk, that gaze seemed to be staring straight at her.

The look was light, but full of aggression. As if it wanted to see through the thin veil and reveal her true face hidden beneath the white silk.

"..."

Xiao Jin instinctively felt that things had become tricky. After thinking for a moment, she decisively told the system in her mind, "Change."

"Okay, currently exchanging for the host--"

It wasn't until Xiao Jin chose to exchange that she realized a serious problem: the system had only said it could change her voice, but it hadn't specified exactly what kind of voice it would become.

She suddenly had a very bad feeling.

"The random voice change gain has been added to the host. Have fun using it!"

Xiao Jin hadn't even had a chance to ask the system what kind of voice change gain it had added when a vague figure rose from the couch and walked towards her with a smile.

The person's walking posture was particularly lazy, with bright red water sleeves and a plain white shirt inside.

Even though there was a layer of white silk between them, Xiao Jin could still see that this person's smile was like peach blossoms and their face was full of spring breeze. They were surely a stunningly beautiful woman.

It was just a pity that such a top-notch configuration was given to a supporting character like Bai Zheng.

Unfortunately, with such a top-notch setup, Bai Zheng ended up with a supporting role script.