19

Nov 14

"The Heaths didn't take the deal. From the looks of it, the court date will be around the end of November."

"But you still haven't told me why you're here, Clark".

Clark Kent smiled at his old friend. The alien let out a heavy breath as he crossed his leg.

"Every reporter and journalist will be on your doorstep by the end of the day. You've kept your kid hidden as much as possible but with this will."

"So, you're here to make a paper on this, right?" Bruce questioned, as Clark nodded.

"You don't have local reporters, you have nationwide here. You wouldn't be able to keep her hidden any longer, Bruce"

"But I can try" Clark gave him a look, Bruce looking away from his gaze.

"So, no business here, but I want to meet you, daughter. I've met all of your other gremlins so far" Bruce chuckled as Clark grinned.

"So fly away, come back when it isn't midnight".

"I'll be back at a better time, don't worry".

Angel had woken up early morning, the sun hadn't even risen. She groaned as she felt the sleep leave her body. Chery and Dino had fallen asleep in Damien's room, and the rest of her brother's pets had also decided to stay there. Expect Batcow, who Bruce wouldn't allow him inside at all.

Angel knew she couldn't walk downstairs without someone watching her in case she fell. Instead, she turned on the TV and waited for the sleep to return to her. She didn't notice when the sun had risen only when her father had knocked on her door and walked in.

"Good morning, kiddo", Bruce said and sat beside her.

"Good Morning", Angel said and sat up, smiling at him.

"I have a friend that will come by later, I just want you to know in case you don't want to meet him" Angel tilted her head.

"You have...friends?" Angel giggled as Bruce gave her a look.

"His name is Clark Kent, he's a journalist from Metropolist", Bruce explained as Angel furrowed her eyebrows.

"From Metropolist? Isn't t-that a long way f-from here?" Bruce softly smiled as Angel spoke, even with the stutter.

"Yes...It is. But as I said, we are friends" Bruce said, as Angel bit her bottom lip.

"I don't h-have to meet h-him if I don't want t-to, right?" Angel asked as she played with her thumbs. Bruce nodded.

"Okay"

"But we have to talk about something first"

Jason and Dick walked into the mansion, bickering as Tim and Stephanie pushed them to get in. Tim rolled his eyes at both his older brothers arguing. Cass had her earphones on as she ignored the chaos of the family. Bruce had called them to get in early, saying that he needed to speak to all of them about something important. Along with that Clark Kent is coming to visit, which piques their interest since Kent never visits unless something happens. Bruce wasn't that social, and other than the League meetings, both vigilantes didn't meet up often socially.

"So, what's this all about?" Jason asked, bending his leg and placing it on the couch, the other one propped on the small table. Dick pushed Jason's leg from the couch, making the younger boy grumble. Bruce let out a heavy breath as he signed Cass to sit beside his youngest daughter. Cass raised an eyebrow before settling herself beside Angel, who leaned onto her sister.

"The court case" Angel tensed up, Cass wrapping her arm around Angel's shoulder for support.

"The Heaths have been given a plea deal, I just got an email today confirming that they denied the deal. This meant this case will have to go to trial." Angel's leg started shaking, the teen biting her lip as she tried to calm down the incoming panic attack.