King and Queen of the North

Start from the beginning

"Have all the bannermen arrived?" Robb muttered softly.

Maester Luwin nodded. "Lord Manderly just arrived this morning."

"Call them all to the dining hall. They need to be made aware of what just happened. Call Lord Tyrion and Lord Varys to the hall as well." Robb added. "While you gather them send the children to the library. Tell them nothing. We need to be the ones to tell them."

My breathing became labored and my eyes began to well with tears. A tightening in my chest with each breath I took, I knew in my heart what had happened. Although the words hadn't been spoken yet.

"As you wish, my Prince." Luwin replied, bowing his head before quickly making his way down the long stone hall of the castle.

Robb didn't say a single word. He collapsed to his knees and began to sob loudly. His face red and blotchy and eyes already puffed and pouring tears. His shouts and screams felt like a dagger to the heart.

My husband was in pain and there was nothing I could do to take that pain away from him. I dropped to my knees with him, holding him in my arms as those beautiful blue eyes had now only been filled with heartache and tears.

"I'll kill them." He seethed as he sobbed. "I'll kill every fucking person responsible for the death of my mother and father."

I swallowed heavily but when I looked around all I could see was red. There was no spot in my body for sadness. My bones burned with anger and fury.

Revenge.

I wanted revenge.

Not even for myself.

For my husband. For those 4 children who were gathering confused in the library as they'd sit at the long oak table, waiting for Robb and I. Probably thinking that we're going to tell them that their parents are coming home. That it was all over now.

But it just the beginning of the end.

Lord and Lady Stark had been taken as prisoners by Robert Baratheon. He gave us time to look over his terms but no time to even reply to those terms. One day. We had only had his terms for one day before he decided to take the heads of both Lord and Lady Stark.

I knew my father to be impulsive. I never knew him to turn on his loved ones like this. But it shouldn't have came as such a shock to me. Robert Baratheon started an entire war and rebellion because Prince Rhaegar Targaryen ran off with Robert's betrothed, Lyanna Stark all those years ago.

My father slammed his war hammer into the chest of Rhaegar on the Trident, shattering every bone in his chest and caving in his breast plate. Killing him on impact. Ser Barriston Selmy used to tell me that he even saw Rhaegar's own heart explode from the impact. Anything is possible I suppose.

Lord Stark fought with my father to get his sister, Lyanna, back from Prince Rhaegar. Lord Stark then joined my father in another war when Balon Greyjoy rebelled against the throne. Claiming himself as King of the Iron Islands. After that, Lord Stark agreed to a marriage between his eldest son, who was just a child at the time. To me. Another child.

And just like that my father quickly packed me up and shipped me away. Throwing me out like I was rubbish on the floor that had been left there for far too long. Placing me in the care of the Stark family, just for him to turn his back on them the moment they did something to try to help him.

Uncle Tyrion was right... I could never trust my father.

I wiped Robb's tears with the sleeve of my gown, taking his hands and helping him to his feet. His legs unsteady for a moment but he was able to compose himself. I held his arm tightly as we made our way down the long stone hallway down to the library on the lower level of the castle.