Since the exams are intended for cadet, they only use Seraph and Chariot class Honkai. But even if the Honkai beasts are low class, they are still dangerous and so Shiroi was the overseer for the field trials. The Honkai Beasts were also sponsored by Shiroi as he had many sealed Honkai Beasts in his dimensions. (Honkai Beasts from Chapter 7)

The field trials or combat exams are taken by a team of three Valkyries or Knights. The Squad is put together by Theresa and other teachers. Kiana, Mei and Bronya were in the same squad and their squad number is V. Everyone was waiting for the field trials to begin while most were nervous and some were excited.

The field trials assess not only combat skills, but also teamwork, decision-making skills and tactical thinking.

The Field trials begin and all squads land at random locations on the training field. The goal is very simple: Defeat as many Honkai beasts as possible.

The examiners observe from a room on the monitor and evaluate the students in the field trials. Many squads have done well so far, but two teams have done particularly well, one is Squad V and the other is Squad 2 led by Fu Hua.

''Project Bunny, Shield.'' Bronya summons her project bunny within seconds. ''Kiana.'' 

''I know!'' Kiana said loudly and runs towards the project bunny, jumps on its shield and the project bunny throws Kiana into the sky towards the Archangel Honkai beasts. Holding her sword with both hands, Kiana makes a complete spin with her sword, cutting all of the archangels in half.

Kiana smirk, sheath her sword back into the sheath at her hip in midair, takes her dual pistol out of its holster, aims at the chariot and shoots at its face, causing the Honkai to glare at her.

''Mei-senpai!'' Kiana screams in mid-air and Mei charges at the Honkai Beasts, slashing the Honkai arms while it distracts. The chariot is about to fall and Mei was under the Honkai beasts and swung her katana horizontally upwards, cutting the chariot in half without any difficulty.

Kiana then lands dramatically on the ground as she performs a superhero landing. 

''Such a poser...'' Bronya commented after seeing Kiana land on the ground. 

''Good job everyone, I think we've done a good job so far.'' Mei said with a smile on her face while still on guard.

''Mei-senpai! Did you see how cool I was when I easily shot all the Honkai beasts into the sky?'' Kiana said excitedly as she wanted to impress her.

''Without the Bronya, Kiana would never be able to do this.'' 

''Hmph! I could also kill it with my marksmanship pretty easily.'' Kiana retort

Before a fight breaks out between the two, Mei intervenes to prevent the fight. ''Kiana-chan, Bronya-chan... we are still in exams, the examiner is most likely watching everyone here and is currently evaluate our skills. You both want to impress Shiroi and get praise from him, right? Therefore, both of you should not argue and concentrate on the exams.'' 

Mei now knows very well how to deal with both girls. The easiest way is to involve Shiroi in the topic, as they both love their brother very much. Although Bronya rarely shows emotion, she looks happiest when she is around Shiroi, while Kiana constantly shows her affection for Shiroi as she has a brother complex.

They both listened to her and said nothing more to each other.

''Alright, let's move on.''Mei said in a cheerful attitude, happy that they both listened to her and continued the exams without Kiana and Bronya arguing with each other.