Chapter 9 - Catching demons

Start from the beginning

"(Hey. This is where my dad and your dad fought.)" Whispered Spider to the taller na'vi teenager next to him. Both didn't let that stop them from having their eyes glued on the scene in front of them, when only for a short glance.

"(That is your dad's combat suit.)" Replied Lo'ak, again looking at the human to his side. Spider only exclaimed two words as I could see the troops emerging.

"(Oh shit.)" Upon closer inspection, I realized that the one in charge seemed to be the man Spider had tried forgetting about his whole life, his dad, Miles Quaritch. The major problem was, that he seemed a little bit too blue, tall, and generally speaking na'vi. I wasn't able to think much more as Lo'ak took word again.

"(I have to report this.)" Spider and I just looked at him as if he had lost all his senses.

"(No, dude, we're going to be in a lot of trouble!)" I whispered to my younger brother. He only nodded for us to follow him as we three retreated to Kiri and Tuk and once we arrived he started contacting our father through the communication device on his neck.

"(Devil Dog, Devil Dog, here is Eagle Eye, over.)" Jake made us use code names when communicating this way because we could be listened in on. It didn't take long until the man on the other side answered.

"(Eagle Eye, I hear you.)"

"(I spotted a few people.)" He made a short pause. "(Look like avatars, but they're wearing camouflage and carrying automatic weapons. There are... six of them, over.)"

"(What is your position, over.)" I picked up on the worried undertone, but only glanced over to Lo'ak, waiting for his response to the question.

"(Erm... we're at the old barrack.)" I grimaced, knowing that dad wouldn't be pleased with us.

"(Who is we?)" Jake asked, already annoyed as it seemed.

"(Me, Spider, Firin, Kiri,)" he again paused, before announcing the last member we had with us, who wasn't even allowed to leave our base without mom or dad. "(...and Tuk.)" My heart pounded in my chest and I could swear Kiri's ear flicked in my direction. A few seconds later Jake's voice sounded through the transmitter again.

"(Son, you will listen very closely now. You will all move back immediately, make no noise and disappear. Go away, understood?)" We all looked at each other.

"(Yes, sir. We will move back.)" Lo'ak said in a defeated manner.

"(What did I tell you?)" Whispered Kiri to him, like it hadn't been clear that the boy had made a mistake. No one gave care to her words though and only did as we were told. That didn't seem enough for my sister as she again began to speak. "(You are in so much trouble.)" Lo'ak only hushed her.

"(The eclipse begins soon!)" Tuk said too loud, but before anyone could say anything one of the military avatars grabbed her from the thickest next to her. She screamed and Spider and Lo'ak drew their bows, pointing them at the troops that emerged from the trees around us, all with their weapons pointed at us.

"Weapons down or we'll shoot!" Some of them yelled as we hissed at them, which did nothing in stopping them from circling us in. "No movement!" They continued and Lo'ak was first to realize that resilience was futile and dropped his bow on the ground, commanding Spider to do the same.

"Grab them!" They yelled moving in on us and holding us down by our hair/kuru. "Stop resisting!" The one holding Kiri yelled at the smaller female. Tuk seemed on the verge of tears and cried out for her sister.

"(Kiri!)" Said the girl now focused on Tuk, trying to calm her down.

"(Stay calm, Tuk, everything will be fine.)" This seemed to anger the one holding Kiri.