16

———

There's no more hope left. It's like every sin entered the human body in concentrated form, Even if we can conquer this virus, I'm worried that a world ruled by humanity will never return. Can we still believe people are beautiful after seeing them become the worst possible creatures?
———

Then Rain started pouring, and Ji-su woke up from the short nap caused by the crying she had let out, the dream lingered on in her head though

She was still having dreams about her father's documentaries at night, and her being locked up in the home laboratory, having to sit in a paralysed state whiles an IV is attached to her wrist, giving her the antibiotics she needed to stay alive, listening to her mother and brother's awful snarls of aggression as they tried to break free from the shackles they were bound too.

Ji-su got up once she got tired of her hair sticking to her face, and went back to the main group, immediately she took her place next to Eun-Ji, the latter immediately connecting hands with her

It was subtle gestures like this that made her feel a whole lot better

There was a thunder sound, and Ji-su winced at the pain, Nam-ra and Eun-ji had a more bigger reaction

Ji-su felt bad for Eun-ji, there was nothing she could do to help, she looked around for something she could use to help cover her ears with, but there was nothing, Instead she pulled the girl closer to her, comforting her

Ji-su had grown attached to Eun-Ji, she was going to protect her, she wasn't gonna let her get hurt, she couldn't bare it...

She was gonna stay with her...no matter what

Ji-su was going to make it out of this apocalypse with her, she would do anything to achieve that

——

Buddy system, that's what was suggested.

Ji-su thought it was both smart and stupid. Smart because it would help keep track of yourself and partner, you'd be together at all times looking out for one another.

It was stupid because by human nature people would partner with people that they bias, two partners could be strong and partner up to fight against the zombies, a good outcome, but two could be weak and end up going on a suicide mission.

Well everything about their situation was a suicide trap.

"So what your saying is that to survive a possible outcome we would have to pair with someone we don't like?" Nam-ra asked, Ji-su, Eunji and her were huddled away from the rest of the group, having their own talk.

When Cheongsan suggested a buddy system, Ji-su had thought about it over and over, so she decided to have a talk about it with Eunji, Nam-ra was smart so she called her over too.  And also because Nam-ra was now one of her only friends.

Ji-su nodded, "it's so we can pair people together in a smart and more effective way, so that we all don't die before we at least get to the outside"

Nam-ra hummed, she tilted her eyes and furrowed her brows in thought, "well, there isn't anyone I dislike, so I'm fine with it."