14. 𝔉𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔩, 𝔈𝔩𝔩𝔞

14. 𝕱𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑, 𝕰𝖑𝖑𝖆
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 | 𝔗𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔷𝔢
𝔅𝔬𝔬𝔨 𝔒𝔫𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔡 𝔚𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔫 𝔖𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰

 𝕱𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑, 𝕰𝖑𝖑𝖆ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 | 𝔗𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔷𝔢𝔅𝔬𝔬𝔨 𝔒𝔫𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔡 𝔚𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔫 𝔖𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰

DONELLA and Aemond had left the stone overlooking the forest when the sun had started to rise. They flew back atop Vhagar and snuck into the Red Keep via the tunnels. Donella knew that she had no choice. She packed her bags with tears in her eyes as the little menace of a cat stood guard over her window, watching for any birds who may dare threaten her master.

Aemond had parted with Donella with a simple kiss on her mouth, promising that he will find a solution. She had not seen him since. The morning had come, and her husband-to-be was expecting to bring her to his home.

There was little choice in it for her. If she told Lord Buckwell that she was no longer a maiden, he would denounce House Royce. She hadn't had contact with her brother since he had dropped her off in the capital, but she knew that she could not dishonour him. No matter the love lost between the siblings, she would not let him bare the consequences of her actions. There was a part of her, somewhere deep within her soul which knew that Aemond was not able to marry her. It did not matter the love he told her that he had for her. He was a Prince, and she was a Lady in name only. There were no political gains from the marriage, and as much as Queen Alicent cared for her children, she cared for their futures so much more than she did their feelings. A marriage based on love was rare in Westeros.

So, she packed. She packed her finest gowns and her most expensive jewels. All of it was gifted by Helaena. The Princess knew that this day was ever-approaching. She had prepared the perfect ensemble for a Lady of the House to own.

Donella wondered when the wedding would be. She wondered if her brother would be invited - if the Targaryens would be invited. Would Aemond show up? Would he take her hand and whisk her away?

There were three knocks at her door.

Aemond, her mind screamed, he's here, he's come, he's-

As Donella opened the door, she tried desperately not to look disappointed when it was Lord Buckwell who stood before her.

Only then did she realise that she didn't even know his name.

"My Lord," She greeted with a quick curtsy. Was that how a woman addressed her betrothed?

"Lady Royce," Lord Buckwell addressed with a curt bow of his head, "Do you need assistance in packing your bags?"

"No, my Lord, I am almost ready to go," Donella opened the door a little wider. It allows Lord Buckwell to see inside, but also allowed her to see if her Prince was lurking in the corridor, "Was there something you needed?"