1. 𝔏𝔞𝔡𝔶 𝔬𝔣 𝔑𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤

1. 𝔏𝔞𝔡𝔶 𝔬𝔣 𝔑𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔒𝔫𝔢 | 𝔗𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔷𝔢
𝔅𝔬𝔬𝔨 𝔒𝔫𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔡 𝔚𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔫 𝔖𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰

✩°。✩。°✩

DONELLA had always admired the view of King's Landing from Helaena's bed chambers

DONELLA had always admired the view of King's Landing from Helaena's bed chambers. One of the perks of being the Princess' Handmaiden was the time she would spend in her company. Whilst Donella's own quarters were definitely amicable, Helaena's rooms held a certain beauty only the Princess' rooms ever could.

As Helaena brushed her fingers across the stained glass window which overlooked a small sitting room, separate from the bedroom, she couldn't help but smile,

"Isn't it beautiful?" The princess asked her dearest friend. Donella was frantically trying to thread the eye of one of the needles that had been gifted to her,

"The view is as beautiful as always," Donella surrendered to the piece of white thread, sinking back into the cushions of the chair, "Though the mist does add a new sense of mystery to the City."

Helaena hummed, "I do love the mist. It's so beautiful yet so tragic. When the mist draws close, the city is invisible to me,"

"Then I shall keep my fingers crossed that your view remains clear," Donella smiled as Helaena found an ant on the window's ledge, parted from his colony. She let him crawl atop her finger, delivering him to the corner of the room where the ants would rise,

"Your fingers may remain uncrossed for now, Donella. If they were bound together, how would you thread your needle?"

Donella sighed in frustration, "I believe this thread to be impossible!"

With a knowing smile, Helaena knelt in front of her Lady, resting her hands atop the Royce girls. Taking the needle and the thread, she combined them effortlessly, handing them back to Donella ready to be utilised.

Princess Helaena was a kind soul. Ever since Donella had been assigned to her service, many years ago now, Helaena had treated her as nothing but a friend. She had never questioned the legitimacy of Donella's new title of Lady, as some of the others had done. Donella knew that she was truly the Lady of Nothing and that her title was merely a formality of her role beneath the Princess. Nevertheless, it was a title she wore with Pride. Her only wish was that she was able to tell her mother she'd been appointed a Lady to the Princess just to see her reaction. How Donella longed to see her face once more.

Donella weighed the needle between her fingers, glaring slightly at it. Sewing was not one of her strong suits, and Helaena knew this. The Princess had been trying to teach Donella how to sew for weeks now, but it all seemed to go above the Lady's head,