'Me too Miss Hidaaya.' That was Miss Aisha, the young teacher with a funny voice.

'Yeah sure. Let's go then.' I said.

The other teachers merely waved, some dismissively and others didn't even bother. It didn't particularly bother me though, because I was almost used to the silent stink eyes and whispers about me. The stares that automatically said "Mmm, look at her. Such arrogance" or something in the lines of that. This is because they think that I think myself better than them because of my father and the obvious relationship I had with the owners of the school which they had no idea of until the day the Proprietor gave an impromptu visit and saw me. One time, I even eavesdropped on some teachers saying that I only wore what I wore to school to show off, talk more of my car.

'It's blue for a reason.' One of them had said.

I'd literally laughed at the hilariousness of that. My car was blue because my father loved blue and he happened to be the one who bought it.

I've tried throwing hints here and there that I wasn't like that, when I thought it worth it but I'd eventually given up. People will believe what they want to believe. So far, only Kabir, Christina and Aisha seem to believe that I was a normal human being and just another teacher in the school.

We get into the car and I drive off, leaving stink eye teachers behind to walk.

'So where's that guy? That fine one.' Christina asked, batting her eyelashes playfully.

I raised the volume, preparing to hide behind Joeboy's voice and pretend not to hear her next question.

'I don't know.' I said simply with a shrug.

Christina laughed and shook her head. Miss Aisha simply sat with her phone in hand, vibing to the music. Thanking God that the junction wasn't so far, I dropped both of them before waving and driving my car the other way.

Now she's done it Christina, reminding me of the fine guy. I stop at the red lights and as if on cue, Akon sings I think of youuu, When the morning comes and the nighttime goes away... All dayyyy... on my speakers.

I roll my eyes and change the song, bringing up Won Da Mo to beat the thoughts out. The traffic lights blink from red to green and I press straight on. From the corner of my eye, I see something that catches my attention.

A familiar sleek Audi. But he can't be the only one who drives that kind of car, in this big Audi filled city. Yes, the possibility of that car being his is 10% out of a hundred.

But my eye lids twitch and my hands just itch to turn this steering left again. I bite my lip and call myself stupid before turning left.

'What exactly are you trying to find out? Or prove?' I ask myself this question over and over but the answers keep sounding like excuses. I'd almost reached the car when a tall man rushes out of the building there and gets in the car. My body automatically braces to follow that car to God knows where.

Seconds after the Audi starts moving, I follow quietly behind trying as much as possible not to be discovered. I felt embarrassed and funny at the same time. It was like a movie, following someone while trying so hard to drive casually and not park behind them everytime they stop.

I continue my waste of fuel journey behind this car until it slows and turns into the small parking lot of a familiar building. I waited a few more seconds before parking my very noticeable blue Hyundai two cars away from the Audi. Eager to confirm if it really was him, I put on my glasses and peer through the mirror.

Alas, it wasn't Najib. This man looked older now that I looked closer and well, it just wasn't him. I feel a sudden wave of whatever is the opposite of an elation I didn't even know I was feeling. I look at the building and it only gets worse. Because it was the Cake Cafe. And above the two storey, the sky looked ready to burst rain any moment. Something I hadn't noticed until now.