Catch up with your past, before it catches up to you

Start from the beginning

"Liam I-" Niall said feeling guilty

"It's okay I'm not mad. I just really need to get this situated so I can come back to him. I'll be back." He said as he went to grab a hoodie that was hanging in the coat rack, and slipping on his shoes.

"The nearest hospital is just down this road, I'll be there in a sec." Liam said to Andy who just nodded "Come on Ezra." He said as he tapped the boys shoulder who kept staring at Liam. He felt the eyes on him but was scared to look.

Maybe he thought looking would get him attached, but deep down he wanted this to be true. Of course, they wouldn't know for about 2 days, but the thought of it wasn't scary. The only scary thing was losing Zayn in this process but it hadn't fully set in yet. He was so busy at the tasks at hand that he hadn't had time for this to settle in yet. With his shoes on he grabbed his keys and headed to his car dialing Louis up, as Andy and Ezra said bye to Niall.

It rang a few times before the man answered. "Hey what's up mate. Innit a bit early for a lunch call?" Louis asked.

"Louis I'm coming by the brokerage. I need you to come with me." Liam tried his best to sound sane when in reality he wasn't. His mind was cloudy with so manny thoughts about everything that was going on, but he did a good job of not showing it.

Louis on the other line contorted his face. He sounded like he was in a panic or something but the words were so blank. "Sure but are you okay?"

"Juuuust peachy." He sarcastically said.

"Okay... we'll I have to submit this offer in real quick I'll be done in a few minutes." Louis shrugged at his tone but decided to ask in the car.

"Perfect." He said as Louis picked up his tone again and shook his head. Something was definitely up.

Meanwhile at the house Zayn opened his door to Niall who immediately was tackled into a hug. He moved to the bed and pulled Zayn in closer to his side letting him cry it out. He rubbed his shoulders and combed through his hair.

After a few minutes Zayns sobs died down as his breaths steadied. "I shouldn't have snapped at you earlier. You've always been there for me so I'm sorry." Zayn said hugging Niall's body tighter.

"It's okay Zayn. This is a lot... I understand."

Zayn loosened his grip around Niall and sat up wiping his face. He scoffed because he hated crying like that. "God I probably look and sound like such a brat."

"Hey... it's okay." Niall said resting his hand on Zayns shoulder again giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"What's wrong with me Ni?" He said as his voice cracked out but his tears weren't falling.

Niall's look saddened. The last time he heard Zayn ask that was when he came to him about wanting help. "Nothings wrong with you. It's natural to have those reservations, but what I do know is that there is no doubt you and Liam were practically made for each other. Yes I know it was a contract that brought you two together, but you still chose each other. That has to mean something."

"I know and I'm thankful for it... I just- ugh... I don't know. It's not that I'm scared it's just that knowing our lives could have been totally different and that those possibilities might have existed is what's scary. Does that make sense even?" He said as Niall let him ramble

"This is just another reminder at how different it all could have been. I know this was long before the contract even came into our lives, but still... I don't know Ni. I'm not angry at him. I can't be angry at the boy or even his mother... not even at Andy. I'm angry with myself for feeling that way about this."