𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚁𝚞𝚗𝚜 𝚊 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎

Start from the beginning

The male, lowered into a crouch metres from the unmoving girl. A ripple of something dark oozed from the motionless female before him, like liquid death it was pure darkness upon ripples of life sucked of all happiness. Was it the girl herself or simply her powers?

The male reached to shake her shoulder, death bared it teeth when the girl vaulted up.

The male fell backwards from her advance, scrambling for purchase on the ground, pulling the dagger to his chest. It was knocked off with a glint of light, soaring it clattered on the other side of the court yard. His back landed into the pools of blood on the stone, silver hair being stained with the blood beneath him.

There wasn't anything human about the growl that emitted from her smaller form when she drove a knife into the skin of the males throat, halting before she drew blood, her smaller form stiffening when the male yelled out something in a language Isleen hadn't heard spoken from anyone here in a long while.

The Old language of the Fae, it was bliss to her ears, a reminder of a time where the powerful race roamed free in great numbers , She watched on as he continued to mutter words to her. The translation lost on Isleen. His version of the language was unfiltered by slang or terminology, it was raw and ancient.

Isleen could see the white of the females knuckles, taut around the hilt of the knife she held, the broken emotion in her eyes burning with a molten rage that kept her body locked pinning the male to the ground. God gifted strength, pumped by the adrenaline no doubt running rampant through her veins.

The other two, didn't attempt to help their companion, watching just meters away from where Isleen hugged the wall of the building.

"It's me..." the male muttered in the common tongue, a tear dropped from the females cheek, the youthful features cracking from emotion that pushed passed her wall of consuming power.

Isleen observed on, ears straining through their burn to listen. The male had eased the knife from the female's grip, encouraging her off him. He was able to gather himself up before helping the female to her feet.

They must know one another, the girl settled into a natural position beside him, blood shot eyes taking in the sight of the two males stood opposite them. The silver haired male didn't voice anything when the female positioned herself slightly behind his frame.

A clicking of heels began to sound through the air. It bounced off the walls, coming from all directions as it grew louder, then a second set, heavier in pursuit of the first.

A female with regally dark hair and a cunning wit her emerged from around the corner of the court yard, a second later; easily the tallest male Isleen had ever seen followed in. His features vacant off any expression, beside the hint of unrooting emotion that focused in his eyes when he took in the sight of the lords.

"Well this is wonderful" the pristine female announced,

The golden haired beauty flinched at the women's words, inching closer as though to hide behind the silver haired male's broad shoulders. Further until she disappears from view completely.

"Such.. Talent" The female stepped closer, smirking she nudged her foot into the temple of a lord, his head rolling from where it was severed at the neck.

The dark haired male nearest to where Isleen hide, scoffed, shoulder bouncing. The blonde beside him was immersed in watching the younger blood soaked Female,

"It always felt like this lord was stealing power from under me like some sort of unchecked leech. I thank you girl for ridding me of their existence." she didn't dignify Lord Lazarus by looking down when she stepped straight over him, the entrails of her dress sliding over his body like water through time.