Papa Smoke Beast (🍋)

Uhhh

So, I had some certain ideas-

Rush will be he/him in this and just generally considered male.

He's also more anthropomorphic, cuz humanization is boring and I like to fuck monsters.
So imagine the same face but with a smokey body to accompany it, basically.
(See book cover)

(This is crossposted to AO3 as well)
_______________________

Well, here was the biggest surprise in your life.
Other than the fact that the monsters in this hotel were actually accepting of you. But, this was probably a bit of a bigger surprise. Not only did they seem to be their own sort of 'species'. But, they seemed to have a lot of animal characteristics as well.

And according to Seek—the most sophisticated of them—they even had...
heat cycles.

Yep.

What were you going to do in a hotel with a bunch of monsters that could go into heat? Well, you'd probably just stay away from them, of course. Hopefully, that'd be as easy as it sounded. You respected them, so, most of them should respect you too, after all.

So, now was around that time, for most of, if not all of them. Not on the same day, but within the same month or so, (again according to Seek, who was so very helpful on how to stay vigilant during this time).

The only one you were worried about being aggressive, however, was Rush. He took the longest to get used to you. It seemed to be his instinct to kill any and all humans, so seeing you be left alive was noticeably aggravating to him. In fact, he'd go out of his way to scare you at times. Which, you could deal with. That wasn't going to kill you. But a part of you was still careful in case he genuinely decided to risk it all just to get the satisfaction of killing you.

Eventually, he just started avoiding you, which you were fine with. If not a little disappointed you couldn't make friends with him. Hell, even when you would end up in a room with him, he'd just.. ignore you. You decided to just let him be at this point. You couldn't win em all, you told yourself.

Which all brings us to now, it was late, another typical thunderstorm roaring outside. You mindlessly wandered on your own. You had your own room you stayed in, but sometimes exploring the other rooms was your only source of entertainment. You were in one of the bigger rooms, with a lock on the door. You liked relaxing in those ones.

You were minding your business on one of the beds when a light bulb popped in front of you. You jumped slightly, watching closely. When suddenly, the lights all flickered.

You hadn't been warned in this way in a while... Usually, any entities that messed with the lights either were on good terms with you at this point or just didn't anymore.

You stepped out of the small room, checking the main room. A familiar roar rumbled the room. You were going to shrug it off, about to step back in until you were suddenly tackled to the ground. You yelped as a growl rumbled right next to your ear as hot breath huffed onto the side of your face. You squirmed a little panting softly as you braced. This was it, wasn't it? Rush was going to go for it and kill you...

Then, why is nothing happening yet?
You glanced back, meeting his empty gaze and wide maw. You couldn't help the anxiety creeping up your spine. He could easily bite your whole head off if he so wanted...

His growl lowered into a much deeper rumble from his chest, large hands shifting on either side of you.
You looked back at him, scanning him for a second before regretting that choice a little bit. It was his turn for heat, huh? His smoke puffed up in larger plumes off of his form. And... well, his pants seemed a little.. strained, to say the least.
You felt another puff of hot breath on you as Rush lowered towards you. You could guess he was probably smelling you up, deciding if there was any reason to (not) take you.