Vol. 3/ Chapter 5: Hired gun

Começar do início

"Antonin...I, I thought you'd forgotten about it, since you're always busy and away most of the time..." Hera sniffles as tears began watering her eyes.

"Oh dear, forget your birthday?" Antonin reached out and held her cheeks in his large hand. He caressed it and wiped away the tears gently with his fingers. "I would never let that happen."

"Du bist sehr schön."

She feels the warmth of his touch spread across her face, which sent an electric jolt all over her body. She also understood those words very clearly, and it made her heart throb after hearing that.

"Ah m-mou~! This is embarrassing, right in front of our colleagues..." Hera's face was flushed red as she covered her mouth with her hand, before glancing over her shoulders. Antonin followed her gaze and saw a group of people mingling about the steps of the stairway.

"Ah, Franziska and Peityr?" Antonin raised his voice a bit to catch their attention, before waving his hand once. He doesn't recognize the other two though, as the four of them walked towards their spot.

"How have you been? You've been quite busy these past few months." Hera faced him and traced lines on his palm using her slender fingers. She seemed really surprised about him being here, since she really thought that he wouldn't be able to make it, or even remember her birthday.

"I'm well alright, Hera. Seeing you in person was just what I needed." Antonin stated those words in a calm manner, which of course still made The Manager's heart go doki-doki.

"S-Seriously! Stop flirting in the middle of the afternoon!" Hera hissed at him, but she couldn't control her face from blushing and her lips from smiling.

"Ich liebe dein Lächeln." Antonin leans forward and whispers it at Hera's ear. She immediately smiled uncontrollably afterwards, before giving him a light slap on the shoulder.

"Antonin, it's nice to see you." Franziska said as they stopped near the two of them. The two of them shook hands.

"Dorothy hasn't notified me of your arrival though. Even Ulrich didn't say anything in advance." the Sarkaz finished, before glancing at the still blushing Hera with a look of amusement. She looked like a normal person without any burdens whatsoever.

"Oh, I just got here. Ulrich and Sigmund distracted Dorothy in her office, so she doesn't know I'm here." Antonin responded and made eye contact with the male with blue horns, since he was looking at him as if studying him.

Dorothy, the head of security, had a knack to stop him before seeing Hera whenever he's down visiting here in Columbia. Even though it was only a couple of questions regarding the update of the types of safety level around the city he could visit, it was still a waste of his time. After all, for Antonin, time is of the essence.

"Hehhhh!? Sigmund's also here?" Peityr said and grunted. He walked towards Antonin with a huge smile and the two of them embraced for a quick bro hug.
(No homo, really.😳)

"I'd kick that Kylin's ass when he shows himself."

"Still not over the fact he's a better swordsman than you?" Franziska asked, making the Pythia flinch.

"W-Well, I'm a better marksman than him though!" Peityr said with his eyes closed, crossing his arms over his chest as he sighed embarrassingly.

"You do know we're talking about swordsmanship here. Marksmanship and swordsmanship are two different things."

"Oh shut up Franz!"

"Ara dear, by the way," Hera said and walked over to the black haired Ægir, ignoring Peityr's antics.