“Stop! Please. You want me, let them go.” Caden struggles, throwing one of them off but another is there in a matter of seconds making him outnumbered.

“She’s mine, you weak little pup.” Damon mutters.

“No…!” I can’t tear my eyes from Caden. He stares at me with something foreign…something like fury mixed with desperation.

“Tell him, Arabella. Tell him how you’re mine.”

“I don’t know for sure but all I know is that you need to get the hell off of me.” Damon grins so wide that I can see all his teeth, just a little too sharp.

“You don’t know huh.” He says, his grip on my throat tightening. 

“In that case, I’ll just have to show you.” His claws dig into my neck as I try to cry out but my airway is blocked. My feet rise up to kick him hard.

“Ngh…Screw you.” I struggle to say.

“All in due time. But first…” He lifts me higher his smile widening then as if I weigh nothing, he tosses me across the room like a ragdoll.

I skid across the floor, sliding back until I crash against the far wall.

“NO!” Caden gruesomely growls and with a sudden surge of power, he throws the wolves off of him his eyes glowing. In a flush, he rushes at Damon, swinging his fist back but Damon is fast. Unnaturally fast as he stops Caden’s fist with his hand, pulling him back until he stumbles.

“Nice try Caden. You know you’re nowhere near as powerful as I am.” He hits him hard. Caden hisses in pain, falling to the ground. Damon moves in to kick him again…

“Caden, get up.” I beg. I’m too bitten up to fight back and out of the two of us, he’s the powerful one. All he needs is encouragement.

He tries but Damon kicks him in the stomach, I hear a sickening crunch of his ribs breaking. He kicks him again and again. Caden buckles and coughs up a spray of red blood.

“Caden!!” If I don’t do something this instant, he’ll die because of me. I spot a small vase in the corner of the room an idea strikes me. As fast as I can, I grab the vase, take aim and throw it with all my might. The vase shatters against Damon’s skull making him whirl around, a small trickle of blood trailing down his face.

“You brat.” He hisses as he starts walking towards me, his attention completely diverted. That’s all the opportunity Caden needs. Soon, he staggers to his feet and rushes at Damon.

“How is this?” With a roar, he hauls Damon off the ground, launching him into the air. He flies across the room. Caden’s gaze finds me and he smiles triumphantly.

“Arabella, are you okay? You…”

“Help!” I turn and freeze in utter horror as Koda is held roughly in Damon’s arms.

“Koda!” Everett’s cry is clear from the other side of the room as he bolts for his son.

“Enough!” Suddenly all of us are forced flat on the ground. I hear the same tremor of power in Damon’s command that I’ve heard in Caden’s. Obey. But unlike Caden’s molten, deep voice, Damon’s scrapes down my spine like a jagged rock.

“Let. Him. Go.” Fighting his command, I stumble forward, intending to attack Damon. I gather speed but Damon sidesteps my charge and knocks me aside easily.

“Don’t make this difficult Arabella. I’d hate to hurt the boy.” Damon speaks, his hands closes almost gently around Koda, pulling him up on his tiptoes.

“Dad!” Koda calls out in pain.

“Stop! Please, stop!” Everett pleads for his son.

“Let him go you bastard.” Caden demands.