CONTEMPORARY FICTION WINNERS

Winners!

Personally message me with your email, book title and category to claim your prizes 💎

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!

Winner or not you will get your review as promised. It will be directly messaged to you from our community account Sapphire_Community in the course of this week.

If you do not get your reviews by this Wednesday the 22nd, Do reach out to us.

THIRD PLACE 🥉

Guardians of Heavensworth by AbhishekPTK

Judge: KE_Jennings

• Title:9/10

The title fits the story plot well, yes. I found this books title to be fairly unique, I haven't come across it before on Wattpad. I believe it does catch the readers interest. It is short and sweet.

• Cover:3/5

This particular books cover is simple but it does go with the storyline and plot, though it wasn't apparent in the first few chapters. It is eye catching with the horns and how they are positioned. There is a neutral color scheme with a black background, which I found striking. The image used is relevant to the story, eventually. I could read the font, yes.

• Blurb:6/10

The blurb for this story is very short. It was missing more details and was vague. I think the author could definitely improve it punctuation and grammar wise The blurb didn't make me want to read the story, not at first.

• Setting:7/10

This story's setting was confusing to me, and I had to re-read a lot of sections. The author used a lot of descriptions and didn't break up the setting according to the coinciding time frame.

• Character and emotions : 7/10

The characters were thrust upon you immediately when starting the story. The main character is struggling to come to terms with his circumstances. Subsequent characters were plenty, making it hard to track who is who. I could imagine them, yes, to a point. I couldn't feel their emotions because I had trouble keeping track of each one. Not sure if they stayed in character or not.

• Plot and detail:15 /20

The plot was also hard to follow. I found it not in the slightest cliche though, it was very unique and imaginative. The flow was slightly choppy and confusing. I could not compare it to a real life situation, no. As far as plot holes, I'd say the author has a great storyline, it just needs more editing and cutting up/organizing. It was confusing, yes.

• Flow and style:15/20

The flow for this book was difficult. It could just be me, but reading it took a lot longer to understand what was going on than with other books. I did find myself getting hung up. It was legible but difficult to read.

• Grammar and Spelling:5 /10

There were quite a few grammatical errors and also spelling mistakes. Mixing up of tenses happened as well, yes. The punctuation was also not always correct. More editing is needed.

• Personal Enjoyment:4/5

Despite the flow issues and grammatical errors, the underlying story was interesting and imaginative. If edited further, I'd find it highly enjoyable!