They appeared onto the scene of the two hybrids hitting each other like old siblings in a squabble, spitting out insults and profanities in the front of the very shack Lucy had escaped from.

"God, they're fighting like children." Kol snorted, ignoring the glare Lucy sent his way at his words.

"How dare you!?" Klaus glared, grabbing him in a chokehold when Tyler threw a punch at his face (perhaps he loved his face a little too much).

Tyler staked him in the arm, causing a groan to slip out of lips, the pair yet to notice the onlookers.

"You're getting blood thirsty, aren't you?" he spat at him. "Perhaps it's best your mother didn't live to see you like this."

"This is too much." Lucy gritted her teeth, stepping forward out of the shade of the tree they were standing behind.

"STOP IT!" she yelled at them causing the hybrids' eyes to snap towards her instantly.

"Get off him, Tyler." she said firmly, repeating herself when he didn't move. "I. Said. Get. Off. Him."

The Lockwood boy scoffed to himself, getting off Klaus, but looking at her in disbelief, "You are still taking his side-"

He was cut short as Kol sped to him and snapped his neck.

"His voice was annoying to the ear." he shrugged causally as Klaus jumped back to his feet.

"Lucy-" he began, his tone relieved as he took a step towards her.

"Did you kill Carol?" she asked flatly.

All the colour drained from his face. "Wh-What-?"

"Did you kill Carol?" she repeated herself, tone firmer this time.

He opened his mouth to say something, anything, but his mind couldn't quite formulate words.

What else was he expecting, though? Tyler in the town and he wouldn't tell Lucy about Carol Lockwood? Impossible.

Carol Lockwood. This name haunted him. How the hell was he supposed to tell Lucy that he's the one who killed her friend? Oh, well, she already knows, now. Brilliant.

After so long, finally everything was falling into place. The newest member of their family was meant to bound them together stronger than ever. But, no, Tyler Lockwood had to ruin it all.

Nik had opted to keep Lucy away from this truth. For him, the death of Carol Lockwood was past and should be buried away along with the rest of the horrid things that had happened to them in Mystic Falls. But, clearly, he had made a grave mistake, because things like these certainly don't stay in the dark forever.

Lucy laughed humorlessly. "Your silence says everything."

And then she slapped him across the face. Hard.

"How could you?" she asked, her tone calm, but the thunder in her eyes not quite hidden, and her hand went to grab him harshly by the collar and Niklaus let himself get staggered by the ferocity of her anger.

"Hm?" she looked him in the eye. "She was my friend! Goddamn it! And you fucking drowned her!"

"And why?" she spoke fiercely, the grip on his collar tightening as she pulled him closer, making him meet her eyes, "Did she try to attack you, hm? Did she- did she, uh, conspire against you? Or, or, you know, made some plans with her son to bring your downfall? DID SHE!? THEN WHY!"

"Answer me, Klaus." she breathed out in anger. "I'm not leaving without an answer. I'll keep standing here the whole fucking day like this until you answer me. Tell. Me. Why?"