I sit down at the other side of the booth, shocked by what he's done.

"How did you-" I stutter, confused at why he did all this.

"Lets eat." he smirks.

A waitress comes to our table with a pen and paper in her hand and a huge grin on her face.

"What would you like to order?" she asks.

I look at the menu placed in front of me, flicking through the many pages. This was expensive.

I try to find the cheapest meal on there, seeing pasta for 12 dollars.

"I'll have the steak with Diane sauce." Rafe says.

"I'll have the pasta." I say.

"Any drinks?" she says.

I look down at all of the drinks, most of them being more than the pasta. I knew Rafe had money, but I didn't want him to waste it on me.

"I'm fine." I smile.

Rafe looks at me, raising his eyebrows as I shake my head.

"Two uh- Pina Coladas." he says, reading the menu.

"Of course." the waitress says, writing down the order to walk away a few seconds later.

"Why'd you do that?" Rafe says.

"Do what?"

"Order whatever you want, I don't care."

"But I feel bad."

"Don't."

Me and Rafe talk about all sorts of things before our food and drinks arrive after about ten minutes, and honestly, the pasta was the best I've ever eaten.

I had second thoughts before drinking, because I didn't want to end up like my dad. I was used to always avoiding alcoholic drinks, but I did this time. I wasn't like him.

"You like it?" he asks.

"I love it." I laugh.

An unknown silence fills the room, until Rafe speaks up.

"So, how are you doing?" he asks.

"You know, with everything." he sighs.

"I'm fine."

"You're fine?"

"Mhm."

"You never got to talk about it." he says.

"Cos of them god damn pogues arguing with you as soon as you got out." he laughs as if he didn't believe it himself.

I wish Rafe and the pogues would get along, but at the same time, I could see why they didn't.

"I just wish they would understand." I say.

"The pogues." I correct myself.

"But at the same time, I don't blame them." I laugh.

"I keep lying to myself saying I'm gonna change."

"Don't say that." he says.

"You're doing your best." he eats his steak.

~

Eventually, we finish out food. We weren't really drunk, just tipsy. The hotel was only a few minutes away, and we could not drive in these conditions so we decided to walk.

We start walking in the night sky as rain starts to heavily pour down onto us.

"Shit, run." Rafe yells, over the sound of the rain.

He looks back at me, seeing that I'm standing in the rain, not following him.

"What are you doing?"

I look up to the rain, twirling around to let the drips splatter on me. I see Rafe smiling and watching me in the corner of my eye.

"Why don't you join me?" I say in a British accent.

"I can't dance." he yells back in the same accent.

"I don't care!"

I walk towards him, pulling his arm towards me and dancing as he follows my lead.

"Wow, you were right." I laugh sarcastically.

"Shut up." he rolls his eyes.

He spins me around and pulls me to jump into his waist to carry me. His hands laid on my upper thigh, holding me in balance.

At this point, my hair was soaking wet, so were my clothes. But I thought this moment couldn't get any better.

He presses his lips onto mine as he holds me tightly. My hands make its way to his neck, laying my arms on his shoulders as he devours me.

The kiss felt electric, and I craved for more. I wrapped my legs around his waist, as he held me with one hand, caressing my jaw with the other.

We didn't break from the kiss until what felt like ages, realistically being a few minutes.

We pull our lips away from each others to breathe, looking into one anothers eyes.

"You're so beautiful." he pants, his lips wet from the rain.

"I could say the same for you." I smile.

If you told me these past events with Rafe happened, I would have never believed you a few weeks ago.

But what was going to happen that very night, not even I believed would ever happen.