Bounty Hunter

Meanwhile, on a building elsewhere, a female bounty hunter, whose name was Zam Wessel, met another bounty hunter in Mandalorian armor.

"I hit the ship, but they used a decoy." said Zam.

"We'll have to try something more subtle than this, Zam." said the Mandalorian bounty hunter, a male by his voice. "My client is getting impatient. Take these."

The male bounty hunter handed Zam a cylinder capsule with something that seemed to be alive inside.

"Be careful. They're very poisonous." the man warned. And as Zam left, he said, "Zam, there can be no mistakes this time."

Meanwhile, back at the Senate apartments.

"Captain Typho has more than enough men downstairs." said Obi-Wan.

"No assassin would try that way." said Anakin.

"Any activity up here?"

"Quiet as a tomb. I don't like just waiting here for something to happen to them."

Just then, a beep sounded.

"What's going on?" asked Obi-Wan.

"Ah, she covered the cameras." Anakin said. "I don't think she liked me watching her."

"What is she thinking?" Obi-Wan said, thinking Padme must have been crazy.

"She programmed R2 to warn us if there is an intruder." Anakin said. "She didn't block the cameras in Gabby's room though."

Anakin couldn't keep from smiling when he looked at the video of the two-year-old princess sleeping like a baby.

"There are many other ways to kill a senator." said Obi-Wan.

"I know," said Anakin, "but we also want to catch this assassin, don't we, Master?"

"You're using her as bait." Obi-Wan theorized.

"It was her idea. Don't worry. No harm will come to her or the princess. I can sense everything going on in that room, and the princess is under higher supervision to ensure her safety. Trust me."

"It's too risky. Besides, your senses aren't that attuned, my young apprentice."

Inconveniently, Obi-Wan fell forward as he was tackled by a little princess in a pink onesie.

"Tigger Tag!" Gabby exclaimed, giggling.

"And yours are?" Anakin smiled, trying not to laugh as he picked Gabby up.

"Possibly." Obi-Wan groaned, still laying on his stomach.

"How did you get out of your crib so fast, little one?" Anakin asked.

Later that same night, Anakin held Gabby in his arms as she finally started to fall back asleep.

"You look tired," said Obi-Wan.

"I don't sleep well anymore." Anakin said quietly, but loud enough for Obi-Wan to hear without waking Gabby.

"Because of your mother?"

Anakin looked down and felt tears threatening to form. He nodded once.

"I don't know why I keep dreaming about her."

Obi-Wan stepped to Anakin and told him, "Dreams pass in time."

"I'd much rather dream about Padme. Just being around her again is... intoxicating."

And Anakin was pretty sure it wasn't hormones making him say that, or even the fact that the incident at that ball was why he and Padme had the miracle of life sleeping in Anakin's arms tonight.