''What do you mean by that?''

It was a desperate attempt to stall him, since I didn't want him anywhere near me.

It was then that I noticed a metal chair in the corner of the room. It looked like a torture device, which it definitely was.

''Don't you worry, baby,'' He stated and the pet name made me want to throw up, ''I am bringing you a friend soon. I don't want you to die of boredom.'' He said in a matter-of-fact tone. I didn't find it funny, not in the slightest, but the psychopath began laughing like a maniac, as if he had told me the world's best joke.

Milo was laughing one second, the biggest grin on his face, and then the next, the expression had fallen from his face and silence surrounded us.

''But before you earn that privilege,'' He paused and took a seat next to me. I stilled, didn't move an inch and tried to keep my breathing to the minimum, ''Let's talk about you and your boss, Freya.''

I knew I couldn't gaslight or manipulate the master manipulator, the psychopath, but I could play along and perhaps, the awful feeling in the pit of my stomach would subside, ''What do you want to know?''

''Hmm, where did you two meet?''

''At his company, on my first day there.''

''Heh, wrong answer,'' He tugged on my hair animalistically. A loud scream pierced through my lungs, my scalp ached at the sudden agony. Milo's lips came to my ear, ''Another lie and you'll get to choose who I kill first. A fun game, if you will.''

He was quick to release me and push me back to the position I was prior. My whole body trembled and I couldn't stop it.

''It's the truth.'' I whispered out, because it was how we met, ''But that's not how our relationship began...'' My voice was quiet, almost below his hearing range. A satisfactory look came over his features as he seemed pleased with my answer.

''Oh, my bad, sorry.'' Bastard chuckled to himself, ''Then how did you relationship begin?''

I snapped, though it wasn't the smartest decision I made, ''Why is it so important to you? What's your goal here?''

He leaned on the wall, right next to me. As I inspected his posture, a shiny object came to view, tugged inside of his waistband. A gun.

''Well, Freya. I do know quite a lot about the two of you, but not all. If I don't know all the details about the man who stole my woman and ruined the toy I worked so hard to build, I won't know his weakest spots and how to return the favor.''

I swallowed a lump that had formed in my throat, ''You won't touch him. Promise me you won't touch him and I'll do whatever you want me to do.''

His head snapped into my direction, a wicked smirk was on his face. His eyes darkened, filled with remorseless, inhumane emotions as he stared at me, without blinking. His teeth were shining in the poorly lit room, and it was a sight that would cause my future nightmares.

''Anything I want?'' He taunted, coldness in his voice.

It made me want to swallow my words, turn back time two minutes, and keep my mouth shut. He knew that he had me trapped, right where he wanted me.

I was too consumed in the thoughts of keeping Elijah out of Milo's reach that I'd fallen right into his trap, and now, Milo didn't need information on Elijah. He knew everything he wanted to know.

''Tell me, Freya, how many times did you sleep with him?''

His question threw me off guard. I remained silent, partially because I didn't want to answer that stupid question, but more because I had no idea, it wasn't like I kept a count.