✧Act✧

The gleaming lights that shine through your window cause you to wake up from your slumber. You furrowed your eyebrows, gathering enough energy to open your eyes and trying not to close them immediately with the sudden change in light.

It felt relaxing to stand up like this, instead of spending half of the night trying to find the most comfortable position in some kind of bathtub.
Even though it was only for one night it felt like it traumatized you for the rest of your life.
You only started to appreciate your luck since the last night in your new room.
Even though the recovery pain of your wounds overcame that time of joy, it still made you feel thankful.
If you could, you would stay in this bed till your life would meet its end, but that probably wouldn't even take a full hour till somebody found your still sleeping body and sliced you into pieces.
Who would need a lazy soldier that isn't even able to stand up at the right time anyways?

Certainly nobody.

With gathering all your strength, you finally managed to free yourself of your warm covers and stood up.
Just then you noticed that you still wore your usual uniform.
Maybe it's better this way, or else you would've spent much more time trying to get it on.
Still, though, one thing was missing.
'Where was my sword'
You thought to yourself. It made sense that you didn't sleep with it but it's also nowhere to be found in your room.

Wandering around the room back and forth. Looking between all the corners where it could've been hidden you tried to find the weapon. But without any success.
You sat down on your bed again letting out a deep sigh
'Where could I've left it?'
'Where and when have I used it last?'
You replayed all of yesterday's events. Trying to figure out where you have seen it last
"Oh, that's right..."
You scratched the back of your neck. Remembering when you last saw Scaramouche cleaning the blood of your weapon.
He used it to take out that red-haired guy.

He must've taken it with him after standing up again.
But wasn't he in the same room as you were yesterday night?
And now he is gone.
Or rather, you're left completely alone.
So does that mean that you've overslept?!
And after spending all that time trying to find your sword...
You quickly stormed out of the dorm, slamming the door shut behind you and running along the long hallway as fast as you possibly could.
Were you already too late?
Have you been left alone in a nation that you've never even seen before?

Your mind filled with all these dreadful questions rapidly.
Running down the last staircase you found yourself in the same room that you first entered here.
Though, other than yesterday it was completely empty. The smell of all kinds of alcohol still flew in the air, but the vibe felt more nostalgic than yesterday.
You searched the area, trying to find the familiar face that you'd been searching for.

And there he was, sitting on top of one of the bar chairs.
He was currently having a conversation with a certain blue-haired guy next to him.
You looked around the tavern searching for an object where you could hide behind to eavesdrop on their current conversation.

On the left side next to them there were two barrels, you quickly hid behind one of them, trying to overhear more of their conversation. Just then did you get a good look at the person Scaramouche was chatting with. His left eye was covered with an eye patch and now that you thought about it, his clothes also didn't seem exactly usual. Maybe it's just the culture of another different nation.

The guy had a bright smirk planted on his face.
Was it because of all the empty wine bottles that stood beside him?
Or was he just the type to smile a lot?
Who knows.
One thing was for sure though.
He was extremely drunk.

"You wish to travel all the way from here to sumeru, huh?"
"Well, I've been there a few times before but it's quite a journey you know..."
The man with the eye patch exclaimed with an almost flirty tone. He lifted the wine glass to his lips, taking a small sip out of it, and returning his shimmering gaze to the male in front of him again.

"You see, my sister has gotten terribly sick. I've asked all kinds of doctors for help, but they all told me to go find a Sumerian doctor."
"Apparently they have more knowledge when it comes to diseases"
Scaramouche replied with a more saddening tone. Before slightly turning his head to the side.
You flinched upon realizing that he had already spotted you.
How did this man notice your existence that fast?!

"Ah, Gabriella there you are."
He announced before jumping off his seat over to your still slightly suspicious position.
Your mind when black the moment he involved you with the current situation.
It's truly a miracle that you didn't burst out laughing at that moment hearing him address you by the name he made up seconds ago
"This is my extremely sick sister, Mister."
Scaramouche spoke while walking over to you.
He lowered his shoulder for you to hold onto, helping you to continue walking. You acted along, putting one hand to support you on top of Scaramouche's shoulder and the other over your stomach.

Scaramouche guided you to another bar chair, helping you to take a seat.
Just seeing him act like this made you wonder what could possibly go off in his head
"So you are Gabriella, Mister Maddox here told me alot about you, though I am truly sorry for what has happened to you"
"You must be in so much pain, but you still have to travel all across teyvat just to find a cure. How horrible indeed..."
The man sighed with pity
"Ah, where are my manners, my name is Kaeya Knight of favonius."

You gave him a soft smile before replying with
"It's a pleasure to meet you Sir Kaeya"

The room then became quiet.

The thing you were most afraid of happened.
Thinking about what you could possibly say next your thoughts got cut off by scaramouches awkward laugh
"Well, if I may be so bold and ask. Could you perhaps show me the way from here to Sumeru"
"It's really quite hard to find someone who has already been to Sumeru"
Scaramouche smiled while taking out his map from his back pocket.
Kaeya returned the smile and took the map from Scaramouches hands.
He guided the way along with his finger showing each small detail that we had to watch out for along the way.
After ten following minutes of discussing the way Kaeya folded the map back together and returned it to Scaramouche
"You have my utmost thanks."
Scaramouche thanked with a more realistic smile than before
"Anytime~"
The blue-haired male exclaimed with his usual flirty tone.
Scaramouche then took a few coins out of his pocket and and shaddert them all over the tavern's counter
"My treat"
He spoke before lending you a hand and helping you get off your seat.
The man behind the counter thanked him with a small smile before waving him goodbye.
Luckily the red-haited male wasn't on duty today...
"We will take our leave now, thank you for everything"

"May the two of you have a successful journey"
The blue haired man spoke while raising his glass of whine with a bright smile.
Scaramouche returned the smile before turning around, and leaving the tavern. You slowly followed him from behind, acting as if you couldn't walk without stopping every three steps to catch your breath.
You shifted your gaze forwards the door, seeing how
Scaramouche held the door open for you to walk through.
'Why on earth does his nice side scare me more than his usual side?'
You thought as you walked through the door.

Scaramouche closed it immediately after you finished doing so. You could sense how his usual dreadful aura rose again
"Let's get going."
He dryly announced, acting as if that little performance he played a few minutes ago was nothing to him
"We have a long journey ahead of us."

A/N:
Broo we broke 5k readers. What the hell?!
I love all of you guys sm omg.
Hope you enjoyed this week's chapter!!
I got some good ideas for the future chapters now involving Xiao.🛐🛐