two

i quickly touched up my makeup and pulled my black hair into a high ponytail. i braided it. i left the clothes i was wearing. i took one last look in the mirror before conrad peaked his head into my room. i looked over at him. he had on a red sweater and khaki shorts. his hair lay messy.

"ready to go, rosie?" he asked, his eyes steady on me.

"yup!" i say, walking downstairs with him.

jeremiah and steven were already down at the pool talking to belly. belly was in the water, having a night swim. it was something she did almost every night of the summer.

jeremiah walked over to me, wrapping his arm around me, "sweet! rosie's coming!" he said.

"can i come too?" belly asked.

"the moms are getting movie night ready right now," jeremiah said.

i smiled down at belly, and she half smiled at me. i know the boys don't love her attending parties with them as she was younger than them. i assumed they wouldn't want me there either, even though jeremiah and i were the same age. i thought they just wanted it to be just the boys.

jeremiah kept his arm around me as we walked to the car. he opened the red jeep door for me.

"wow! princess treatment!" i said as i got into the front seat.

"anything for you," he smirked back at me, closing the door.

i looked over at conrad as he threw a glare toward his brother.

"well, rosie, first time partying with us; you excited?" steven asked from behind me.

"aah, so excited," i said sarcastically.

steven reached into his bag and handed me a beer. "here. you can start drinking now."

i laughed and took it from him. "thank you."

the boys talked about past parties they'd been to as jeremiah drove down the winding road toward the bonfire.

once we arrived, we exited the jeep and walked toward the beach. it smelt strongly of smoke. there were several pallets lit on fire and people surrounding them, all drinking. music played from a speaker near a table.

steven rushed away when he saw shayla. steven and shayla had been talking for a bit now, and he must have liked her to ditch the boys. i stayed near jeremiah as i didn't know as many people as he did. conrad hung around us for a few minutes before disappearing into the crowd. i watched him wander through the people until i couldn't see him anymore.

i walked around with jeremiah as he introduced me to his friends. i tried my best to keep track of names; however, there were too many to remember. jeremiah kept me close to him, reaching his hand out for mine, trying not to lose me among the crowds. i held onto his large hand tightly. i felt a funny feeling through my body as i held onto him. i pushed it down as i kept drinking. every time i emptied a can, jeremiah handed me another one. all the boys had brought was beers. i was not the biggest fan of beer, but i wasn't going to complain; it was free alcohol. i had never drunk much before this past year. alcohol and i had known each other quite well since a little bit after i got home from cousins last summer.