Shit Christopher... think! What happened before I got here?!

Sudden anxiety and fear surfaced through as flashing lights and loud sirens filled my head. The deeper I remembered, the more I felt like I was running out of air.

Something about a bus.. traffic light... And that one crucial thing...

I ran as fast as I could with no clear destination. My body felt like it could breakdown at any moment, but I just kept on running until I landed on an empty hallway floor. 

It was then I heard the sounds of sirens outside. I cowered to the floor, clasping my hands to my ears in a desperate attempt to drown out the piercing sound.

That fucking ambulance!

☄• ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊° .☆•°. *࿐

I sat patiently on the bus as I "calmly" waited to take the most important exam of my life. I couldn't hide how nervous I was. My palms were sweaty and my pants were most likely wet from constantly wiping them. As much as I would've liked to pretend everything would be fine, I couldn't help but fret over absurd situations from happening.

What will I do if I get run over by a car?!
I sighed at that ridiculous thought.

Don't be stupid Christopher! There's a slim chance of that ever happening! Everything's going to be just fine. You'll be a successful lawyer, start your own law firm, and when she sees how successful you've become, she'll come back.
Breathing in and out, I slowly calmed myself down.

All I need is something to distract me for a moment.

I started reading a book called "forever mine" months ago while preparing for the exam and the amount of praise I've heard had intrigued me, so I wanted to see if it was as good as they say.

But christ was it a bad idea to read that godforsaken book.

It was an illogical mess of vomit and piss blended together to create this monstrosity of a book. It was so bad I couldn't stop thinking about it. It had been distracting me whenever I was studying, It kept me up at night and I hated it!

Now, what more logical way to express my frustration than to write a review on Goodreads? I was more than ready to puke everything I had to say about this book.

I did some stretching, cracking my knuckles, rolling my neck, and all that jazz because I wasn't planning to play around. This was serious business. I began typing;

"First off, this review contains spoilers but this book is as good as global warming, so I'm basically doing you a favor for not having to read this toxic waste."

"For a brief summary; Forever Mine is a romance, thriller, horror book that tells the story of the Villain, Chris Adler, having an unhealthy obsession over the main character, Valerie Brooks, resulting in him murdering anyone who gets near her. Fortunately, it's up to the unique, never been done before, smart, handsome, bad boy love interest, Archer Clint to save the day-"

Before I could continue writing, the bus had already arrived at my destination. But I wasn't done pouring my heart out so I continued typing as I walked out of the bus.

"Although Valerie's the main character, she barely contributes to the story besides being the main conflict device Archer and Chris fight over. The author didn't bother exploring her character, instead we get numerous unnecessary sex scenes that ruined the tone of the story because of course that's more important than developing the main character. The scene where they were being chased and somehow they thought that was the best time to get frisky...? Anyhow, there were great potential in the story and I'm disappointed it wasn't further established-"

I stopped typing for a moment, I glanced up at the traffic light, it was still red so I continued.

"One example is the character Stella Ray, who was killed earlier in the story. She was the only character that piqued my interest. Even though she was a minor villain, Stella had the potential to grow, but was suddenly killed off before we could see her develop-"

I glanced up at the traffic light and saw it had turned green. I began walking.

"I really do question the author's decisions regarding the directions of the story. I don't get why they'd add interesting ideas but then refuse to elaborate them. Overall, the story was a mess that threw all sorts of drama that didn't serve any coherent sense whatsoever. It was a complete waste of money and time. I do not recommend anyone reading this. Please go find something good to read, have a nice rest of your day-"

Before I could hit send, I heard a loud siren in the distance. Looking in the direction of the noise, I was left petrified, unable to move when I noticed an ambulance swerving toward me at full speed.

Before I could do anything to react, it had already hit me, causing a massive impact as I fell hard on the ground. I felt my head bleed, blood continuously dripped down my skin. Fear rose as every inch of my body became numb. My vision started to blur.

I could hear people around me shouting for help, but all I could think about was how my future was going down the drain, how I had worked so hard for the past decades just to let it be taken away from me. I felt like crying but decided against it, just to hold on to the last shred of dignity I had left.

I've thought about what went wrong to lead me up to this point. Should I have arrived earlier? Should I have taken a taxi instead? Could I do anything to change my fate? All the possibilities ran through my head, all the things I should've done differently, just anything that didn't end up with me being in this situation.

I kept thinking, it was all I could do as I laid helplessly on the ground. Then my mind started to wander to a question I've never thought of in my entire life.

What if my parents had never left me?

Would I have been happier? Would my life be easier if I wasn't living in a small rundown apartment all my life, having to watch her be miserable, worrying about paying bills?

Maybe, I sure as hell wasn't happy right now. Why would I be? I got ran over by a fucking ambulance and have to face my failure, even through death.

I wish things could've been different, I wish my parents never left me, I wish...

I could be happy...