𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

Start from the beginning

"Your place, you call the shots," Charles just mumbles. That gets him a weird look from Pierre. "Didn't you want them to come?"

Charles is looking in front of him, trying to ignore the building feeling of anxiety by the idea of facing Fayen again after ending their last encounter so badly. "It's fine," he answers curtly. Then he sits up a little straighter, shaking the negativity off him. "It will be fun, for sure." His smile is not very cordial, but it's convincing enough.

"I just thought you wouldn't mind after Australia," Pierre adds, uncertain of the situation. Charles quickly smiles more broadly and shakes his head. "Yeah, that was fun too." Pierre nods, being satisfied with the approval and turns into the inner city.

When they pull into the parking spot next to Pierre's apartment complex Charles' nerves have only doubled. He gets out, keeping his sunglasses on to avoid getting noticed. He loves his fans, but now is not the best time to put up a smile. With the three of them making it inside the chance of getting recognized is even greater. Luckily, Pierre's apartment is in a secluded block where only residents of the building can come but Charles is still very aware of his surroundings.

"This is very nice," Lando says, admiring the marble floors and crisp white walls of the entry hall of Pierre's apartment. The man of the house leads them into the living area where greys and whites are predominately the colours.

"Make yourself at home, I'll make coffee." Pierre disappears into the kitchen and Lando jumps onto the couch, with Charles rolling judging eyes as he himself takes place on the armchair on the other side of the room. He takes out his phone to kill the time, but Lando seems to have a different idea.

"What is it with you and Fayen?" Out of the blue, Lando throws the question across the room and Charles' look shoots to the kitchen where Pierre seems to be occupied by his own phone, not paying attention to his friends. Charles looks back at the younger man, trying to work out his angle. He just shrugs and tries to leave it at that, but Lando can't let it go apparently because he continues, "I just mean you two were fighting the other night and I didn't miss the eyes you made at each other over dinner in Melbourne."

Annoyance creeps over Charles' skin as Lando tries to stir up something. "What eyes?" He asks as nonchalantly as he can, but the annoyance in his voice is very audible.

Lando chuckles and perks up one of his eyebrows. "Mate, don't play dumb."

"I'm not! I just don't know what you are talking about." The defence is not very convincing, as Charles' voice is shaking.

"Okay, but you were fighting in Monaco last week. What was that about?" He is entering thin ice and Lando knows it, but his curious nature just wants to hear Charles' answers more than that he is afraid of his wrath.

Charles puts down his phone in his lap and leans in, so he doesn't need to talk so loud with Pierre just a few feet away, hoping he won't pick up on the conversation. "I already told you about that. There was just something I wanted to ask and she flipped, nothing I did."

"Mhm, I don't buy it." Lando comments sitting forward as well. "There is something between you two."

Charles rolls his eyes and hisses, "there isn't. She is just mad at me for some reason."

"And that makes you mad?" The assumption made is not incorrect, but Charles doesn't need to share that with him. The hesitation to answer Lando gives him the answers he needs. He grins and Charles still tries with a weak 'no' but it's not helping.

Lando just observes his friend, looking confused and annoyed. If the annoyance is directed at him or the girl they were talking about isn't completely clear, maybe a bit of both. But Lando is stunned to see Charles getting so worked-up about something. He is one of the most calm and collected persons Lando knows. Charles is always the sensible one, never too emotional, keeping it to himself, but Fayen brings out something in him. As the thought dawns to the Brit his grin widens.

"She got under your skin."

Charles knows that is true. He had admitted it to Andrea weeks ago, but he didn't see the need for Lando to get involved with the situation. "I will talk to her about last week, happy?" He just wanted Lando to stop poking around in his feelings and making it a bigger thing than it is. He will talk to Fayen, apologise for calling her immature and maybe she would try to be a decent human benign to him as well.

Lando wants to go on about it, but Pierre emerges from the swing door that divides the kitchen and living room with three mugs of coffee in his hand. "I couldn't remember your cream or sugar preference so..?" He looks at them questioningly. Charles smiles, "just black."

"Milk for me please," Lando adds and with a nod Pierre disappears back to the kitchen. He turns back to Charles when Pierre is out of earshot. "Just talk."

Charles sighs and nods. He would if he could, but to talk you also need to listen and he doesn't think Fayen is capable of that.

--