Chapter Twenty

Adrika

As we entered into the mansion, all my MIL's were busy arranging the dining table with the dishes. 

I rolled my eyes as soon as I saw Krishnaveni Athayya (Anand's mom) rushing towards me. Of course internally. Because now all are looking at us or me!

Ah, The fun begins!

And all rushed towards me and started asking all kind of questions, to which I replied fine, yes or no! And importantly with a graceful smile. 

Phew!

"Come, Adrika! I think you are already late." said my dearest, you know who.

I nodded and we all went to the dining table. I sat beside Arjun to my right and to my left sat Anvesh.

I smiled at Anvesh and served myself a kheema dosa and started to take a bite, then, "Serve your husband, Adrika!" I heard my MIL, who is serving her husband i.e., Arjun's dad.

Again I rolled my eyes, internally, looked at Arjun and asked him, "What do you want?", even though, I know his likes and dislikes

He looked at my plate and replied, "Kheema dosa,". And I served him with a smile.

And the chatting started. My MIL is questioning all the kids. 

"So Adrika, what did you do last week?" She questioned me.

I know, she will ask me this and came prepared for this. But what I did not expect is place where she asked. Everybody is staring at me. 

Why god, why!

"Um, went to college and after that spent my time with Nani and Thatha." I said looking at her and she nodded and asked, "How are they?"

"They are good." I said and she nodded. And I continued eating my dosa. 

By looking at her face, I can tell, she didn't liked my absence for a week. What she does not know is, I will definitely go to my parents house at the earliest chance I get.