Painfilled Remorse

Ameri quickly sat up in their bed with wide eyes, breathing heavily as sweat pooling in the small of their back and the hairs on the back of their neck stood on end, goosebumps raised on their skin. Ameri hugged their stomach, their breathing was quick and uneven, the pain they'd felt in their dream- their nightmare- coursing through their body once more, like an electric current tearing its way through their skin. Their muscles tensed and their lungs felt like they were on fire with every breath they took.

"What... the fuck... was that..." they managed out while struggling to catch their breath. After a while their breathing returned to normal as the pain in their body began to fade, their muscles remained tense despite the exhaustion that overtook them. Slowly Ameri laid back down, too tired to do anything but refusing to fall asleep again as they continued trying to wrap their mind around what happened.

"Ameri, are you up yet? It's already 10..." Connor called out, worry evident in his voice as he knocked on the door. It was unusual for them to still be asleep so late in the morning since they were normally awake even before he was. Connor stood outside the door for a while longer, his worry only growing the longer the silence continued. "That's it, I'm coming in." Connor called out before opening the door to reveal Ameri curled up on their bed with red, puffy eyes and cheeks stained with tears from having been crying the night before.

Ameri quickly noticed Connor and raised a hand to wipe their tears away, their movements were slow and stiff as they gritted their teeth at the movement, pain coursing through their body once more as if their own bones weretrying to tear them apart. Connor recognized the pained expression on their face and the worry in his chest only grew. Without a second thought he walked over to the bed and slowly sat down on the edge, hesitating for a moment before reaching out to gently rub Ameri's back. "I'm going to call Dakari, I'm sure he'll know how to help..." Connor said before taking his phone out and calling Dakari.