Present day (Age 20)

It wasn't long until 3 months passed since your last chat with Dazai, and now April had arrived. However, after that, he made no contact with you afterwards: not that it bothered you. And for 2 of those months, you had been working at Cafe Uzumaki, located a few floors below the Armed Detective Agency. Which naturally meant you had come across its members who frequent there often, including Dazai.

It was early evening, and sunset was still a couple of hours away, yet you were still working your shift at the cafe. Letting out a sigh, you glance at the 2 Agency members. Who were noisily chatting away as they usually would, possibly chatting away about an ongoing job they had. It wasn't until you noticed Dazai shoot a glance at you that you moved your eyes back to what you were doing and continued making the drinks they had ordered not too long ago. After finishing both drinks, you walk over and place their drinks down on the table. While the blonde male named Kunikida said thank you, Dazai ignored your presence in favour of annoying Kunikida. He is a tall young man with dirty blonde hair and deep, green-grey eyes. His bangs are parted to the right and are rather neat. But spiky hair that ends in a long ponytail. His attire consisted of a beige vest over a black long-sleeved dress shirt. A red ribbon tied into a bow around the collar, beige pants, and plain brown shoes. He also was wearing his usual glasses. He was Dazai's co-worker at the Agency and his prime victim to his antics; with his practical and strict personality, it was no wonder. A small part of you pitied Kunikida as dealing with Dazai seemed like no small task, especially with his current childish and lazy personality.

An hour passes, and suddenly Dazai scrambles to get up, seeming like he desperately needs to go to the bathroom, causing you to look up in surprise. As he rushed into the customer toilets, Kunikida sighed in annoyance while frowning at his wristwatch. It didn't take you long to figure out what exactly Dazai was planning. Kunikida being the man he is, always had an excessively rigid schedule; of course, with Dazai as his partner, it was nigh impossible to stick to it. "Um... Kunikida-san, he's gone through the bathroom window again..." you tell him while pointing at a happy-go-lucky Dazai who was now skipping along...outside. Naturally, in response to this news, Kunikida abruptly got up furiously, glaring out of the window at Dazai, who was now some distance from the cafe, most likely heading for some poor woman or a river. "I'm going to wring that idiot's neck when I catch him!" he yells, rushing out the door and towards the direction Dazai went. You were now alone in the cafe. Sighing, you frown, "What a bunch of fools..." you mutter to yourself.

The sun was now just about starting to set. Looking at the clock on the wall, you only realise it's about the end of your shift. The door to the back room opens, and the cafe's manager walks out and smiles as he notices you. He was an older gentleman with grey hair and a moustache that added to his class. He had the cafe's barista uniform, which consisted of white sleeves, a black bowtie and an apron with the cafe's logo. To complete his outfit, he also had his usual tinted glasses. "Is it that time already, L/N-San?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so, sir."

"Any plans?"

"Just the usual, there are some books I've been meaning to read,"

"Do enjoy yourself; I will see you tomorrow," he says, softly smiling as you go into the back room to change into your regular clothes.

Opening your locker, you see 2 sets of clothes, 1 was your blue and white kimono, the one you had on when you arrived in Yokohama. After pausing, you decided on your kimono and flat geta sandals. You exit through the back door and begin to walk through the streets of Yokohama, listening to the soft clicking of your geta against the concrete pavement and the subtle noise of people making their way towards their own destinations. You, however, had plans to stop at a wine shop before going home.

Eventually, you arrive at the wine store and walk in only to notice a singular customer staring at some of the more expensive bottles, clearly debating which bottle would be better to purchase. The man in front of you was short in terms of height and had a petite yet muscular build. He had blue eyes, and striking orange hair made him hard to miss despite his small size. His hair framed his face and had a lengthier section that fell past his left shoulder. He's wearing a white loose-neck tee and a dark red leather jacket. He was also wearing black jeans and black cargo boots. He also was wearing black gloves and a black choker. However, the most noticeable part of his attire was his black hat with a red hatband and a thin silver chain that hung over the brim. You could tell it had seen better days, yet you knew it was of great sentimental value to the man. Ignoring the male, you turn to look at some of the more affordable bottles. However, this was your first time buying wine, as you had just recently become old enough to purchase alcohol, which made the selection all the more difficult.

Yet little did you know you had caught the man's attention, specifically your kimono had. He walks over to the shop owner and places the bottle of wine down while keeping his gaze on you. " Who is she?" He whispers to the shop owner while frowning. "I- I'm not too sure Nakahara-san, sir..." they timidly respond, which only caused the male to glare at you even more, clearly finding your presence in the shop suspicious. After thinking for a moment, the male walks over to you. Naturally, you knew the male would find you suspicious as the shop was located near port mafia territory; and you had never been seen in the shop previously. "Aren't you too young to be in here?" he sarcastically asks, obviously trying to taunt you. "I've only just about become old enough, yes, but I'm afraid that makes it difficult to know which wines are good to try..." you sheepishly admit, looking away shyly towards the racks of wine bottles. Sighing out of frustration: the small male looks at you, then at the bottles of wine you're standing near, "What kind of normal drinks do you like?" he asks, raising an eyebrow at you. Only just relaxing around you as his suspicions about you slowly lower.

"Sweet or fruity..."

"Red, white or rosé?"

"White...maybe?"

"What's it for?"

"Nothing special really..." you admit, still avoiding eye contact and holding onto your left wrist with your right hand. "Here, try this one then," He tells you as he holds out a wine bottle. Taking the bottle out of his hand, you look at it carefully to see which wine he's handed you. "T-thank you, mr...?" you start to say yet pause mid-sentence, not knowing what to address him as. "Nakahara, Nakahara Chuuya," he states, walking towards the shop owner. "Your first bottle is on me, don't come back, this is near port mafia territory," he tells you as he looks back at you one more time before disappearing into the back of the shop.

You're finally home at last. Walking inside, you place the bottle of wine on your low table and sit on a floor cushion while sighing in relief. "Honesty...to think my day finally got interesting, and he disappears..." you mutter to yourself as you open the bottle of wine.

✧      ✧      ✧      ✧      ✧

Hello, my lovely readers. The 1st chapter is finally finished, apologies that it took so long, but I hope you all enjoy the full chapter now that it's out. I'm not too sure when I'll be able to complete the next chapter but I shall try to finish as fast as possible.