Dancing in the dead of night

Eridan Ampora sat alone in his room head empty regretting it all wondering what happened, staring at his computer screen as he lay against his computer chair. He had been scrolling through social media for hours, trying to distract himself from the emptiness he felt inside. Ever since the end of the game, he had been struggling to find his place in the new world they had created. He missed Feferi, his moirail, more than anything, and he couldn't help but feel like he had failed her.

Suddenly, his computer beeped, signaling that he had been pestered by a chum he fixed his glasses to read it. He clicked on it and saw that it was from his frienemy, Sollux Captor.

"hey ED, you okay?ii know ii havent talked to you iin a whiile." the message read. Eridan hesitated for a moment before typing out a response.

"Not really," he wrote back. "I miss her, and the shitty game gave me meaning y'knoww i just feel empty."

"ii know," Sollux replied. "ii mi22 her too. But we have to keep goiing, For fef."

Eridan nodded to himself. He knew Sollux was right, but it was easier said than done. He was about to type out another message when he heard a knock at his door.

"Come in," he called out.

The door opened, and in walked Sollux. He was wearing his usual glasses and had his hair more messy than usual.

"Hey." he said, closing the door behind him. "ii thought ii'd come check on you iin per2on."

Eridan felt a warm feeling spread through his chest. He had always had a crush on Sollux, but he had never acted on it. He had always assumed that Sollux was more interested in his work than in relationships.

"Wwhat are you doing here sol?" Eridan asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

"ii wanted to hang out," Sollux said with a shrug. "ii know you've been feeling down lately, and I thought maybe I could cheer you up."

Eridan felt a smile tug at the corners of his mouth. It had been a long time since anyone had gone out of their way to make him feel better.

"Thanks, Sol," he said, standing up from his chair. "That means a lot to me."

Sollux grinned back at him. "No problem. 2o what do you want to do?"

Eridan thought for a moment before an idea came to him. "You knoww wwhat wwe should do? Wwe should dance."

Sollux raised an eyebrow. "A dance party?"

"Yeah something like that, c'mon it'll be fun. Ill even let you pick the music!" Eridan replied to sollux, then going and getting out a CD player from his closet. "you 2tiill got tho2e CDs ii lent to you?" Sollux asked eridan with confusion, "Ofcourse i do stupid."

eridan laughed as if he was hilarious for holding onto the CDs, though Sollux found it endearing. Eridan pulled out his massive CD collection and him and Sollux rumaged through it, until Sollux pulled out what seemed to be the blue album by weezer. "WE HAVE TO do buddy holly."

Sollux giggled "fine" Eridan sighs as sollux grabs his hand and buddy holly by weezer is bluring though the CD player's speakers. "I really needes this y'knoww sol." Eridan smiles as they both dance and hop about the zoom to weezer, then Eridan slowly went in and kissed Sollux, suprised Sollux returned the kiss.

" Eridan smiles as they both dance and hop about the zoom to weezer, then Eridan slowly went in and kissed Sollux, suprised Sollux returned the kiss