13. Does This Involve Food?

Start from the beginning

A grin spread across my face. "Is this the part where I swoon and say I'll be there?"

"You should come, Haley!" Bridget chirped. "I'm going, it'll be fun."

"Yeah, besides," Aria grinned. "All the guys' girlfriends go, so you have to now."

"You heard her," Griffin smirked as he nudged my side. "You have to."

"Do I get to kiss you when you win?"

"I'll pick you up and spin you around," he promised.

Bridget chuckled in amusement. "You guys are so cheesy."

"Hmm, someone sounds jealous to me..." Aria sing-songed as she nudged Bridget. "Am I right, hmm?"

"Am not," she blushed.

I scrunched my brows together, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Nothing," Bridget said immediately. Turning to Griffin, she tried to change the subject. "So how's Luke?"

***

"Two tickets for Finding Dory."

I watched as the guy behind the counter gave Griffin the two tickets as he was handed the money.

Griffin turned to me as he handed me my ticket. "So do you want popcorn or candy?"

I looked down at the piece of paper.

Find Dory THEATER 4 - Seat #16, it said.

"What seat number do you have?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Uh, 17," he said as he checked his ticket.

"Wanna switch?" I smiled hopefully with all my teeth.

"Why?" he chuckled through a grin, looking a little confused. "Aren't they all the same?"

"Yeah," I drawled with a cheesy grin, feeling slightly embarrassed. "But 17 is my favorite number."

He handed me his ticket, replacing it with mine, as he chuckled and kissed the side of my head. "So popcorn or candy?"

"Popcorn," I grinned as we got in line.

I couldn't stop smiling the whole time. Even if it was just a subtle turn of the lips, there was always something there. Just being around Griffin always seemed to lighten my mood; going on a date together with either his arm constantly around me or his hand in mine only increased my glee.

It was a few minutes after 9PM by the time Griffin pulled up in my driveway after our mini date at the movies. We both were a little obsessed with Pixar films, so finally going to see the sequel to Finding Nemo was pretty much a no brainer.

And, as usual, Pixar did not disappoint.

After walking me to the door and saying goodnight, I watched as Griffin drove away through the kitchen window.

"Who was that?"

Startled, I jumped as I turned around to see my mom standing in the kitchen doorway with a smile. "Huh?" I asked as my heartbeat returned to it's normal pace.

"Was it James?" she asked, unable to hide her excitement.

"What? No, it was Griffin."

Her smile instantly vanished as her face turned to stone. "Griffin? Why would he be driving you home?" Her tone was suddenly none too pleasant at the mention of him.

"Why would James?" I crossed my arms. I felt blood rush through me as I began to get annoyed at her persistence to set me up with him.

"Well isn't that who you were out with today?" she scrunched her brows. "I mean isn't he who you've been spending all your time with lately?"