🌕 King Pascal 🌕

Start from the beginning

"Eugene, Lance, Varian, grab the helm. We need to hit those waves at a forty five degree angle. Cass, Foot, Y/n, empty the bilge. Max, Ruddiger and Fidella, help me get everything on deck tied down. And Pascal? Uhm, you'd better get below deck and ride this out." Rapunzel instructs. Pascal frowns.

Pascal sulks, heading to hide below deck, when a hook and rope become loose. Seizing the opportunity to be a hero, Pascal quickly tried to help. But instead, he's knocked into the caravan, unconscious, by a chest of gold and silver coins.

[Later]
Pascal opens his eyes, then groans at the bright sun staring down at him. Then he gets startled by a seagull. When it flies away, the green chameleon gets the gist of what happened. The storm and the sea have completely destroyed the caravan, and everybody is stranded on the sandy island.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Varian asks, as the youngest princess stumbles to her feet. She glances down at Pascal, then sighs in relief. "Uh-huh, but where are Bucky and Ruddiger?" She asks, looking around.

At the mention of his name, the little grey squirrel scurries over from underneath a plank of wood. Luckily, he's unharmed. "Oh, thank goodness!" Y/n gasps, hugging her best animal friend in relief.

"But where's Ruddiger?" Varian asks, worriedly. "Ruddiger?" Y/n calls, cupping both of her hand around her mouth. "Ruddiger? Buddy?" Varian yells, as he and Y/n search for the grey raccoon.

"Pascal! Oh, you're okay. You scared me. You should have never tried to fix that jib on your own." Rapunzel says, patting his head. Noticing the coin on his stomach, Pascal removes it to find the indentation of the Corona sun crest on it.

Varian then hears Ruddiger chittering, from inside a barrel. "Ruddiger!" He says, rushing over. Y/n takes the barrel lid off, and the young alchemist scoops out the dizzy raccoon. "Sorry, bud. That was some storm, huh?" Varian asks, brushing off the dust from the raccoon's fur. "No kidding." Y/n sighs.

"Well, gang, I've got bad news and really bad news. We strayed from the Black Rock path and our caravan is now kaput." Eugene confirms to the others, glancing through a telescope.

"Wait. So we're stuck here?" Hook Foot asks, in a muffled voice. He has an octopus stuck to his face. "I don't wanna be stuck here. No one wants to be stuck here. Where is here?!" He questions, while quickly pulling the cephalopod off of his face.

"Tirapai Island, an agricultural port known for its bountiful fruit. The waning of the moon sharpens the sweetness of the crop, making the new moon an optimal time to harvest. A cargo ferry arrives to bring the island's fruit to the mainland each new moon." Lance explains, surprising everybody.

"How do you possibly know all that?" Eugene questions. "I know things." Lance boasts, as Varian finds the answer and facepalms. "Yeah, and so does that plaque you read from." He points out.

"Sounds like all we got to do is wait to catch the ferry at the next new moon." Rapunzel says, when they approach the plaque. "Ugh, this is horrible. We could be here for days or months or even-" Cassandra groans, getting the sand out of her boot.

"Look, I know it's not ideal, but if we have to be stranded, at least it's in a beautiful place like this." Rapunzel points out, optimistically.

"And, we'll manage. The plaque says there's fruit growing here, so food and water shouldn't be a problem." Y/n adds, as Pascal eats a mosquito.

"And if we are stuck here, we're gonna need to make shelter. What do you say we have a little, uh.. shelter building contest, right? Cass, Y/n and I versus you guys?" Rapunzel challenges.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. There's five of us and three of you. I mean, is that really fair?" Eugene questions. "Uh, it's not three against five." Y/n points out, making Pascal squeak confidently.