35| BIONIC SHOWDOWN: PART 2

Começar do início

Leo's eyes widened. "He has a secret weapons vault?"

Harper pursed her lips. "It doesn't really come as a shocker. I mean, name something he doesn't have."

Mr. Davenport put his hands on his knees for support, crouching to Leo and Harper's level. "And Leo or Harper, if you are watching this, I do not have a secret weapons vault!"

The teenagers looked at each other for a second before rushing to the elevator.

Eddy took them to the secret weapons vault below the lab. When the elevator doors opened, Leo and Harper's eyes widened at all the weapons hanging on hooks on the wall.

"Whoa, look at all this." Leo said, impressively as he picked up a black bag off the ground.

"A room full of stuff you can use to hurt yourselves. I should've shown you this a long time ago." Eddy said.

Harper inspected the weapon on the wall and cautiously took it from its spot.

"How are we supposed to use it if we don't know how it works?" Leo questioned.

"When has that ever stopped you before?" Eddy wondered.

"Good point." Leo responded, dumping weapons into the bag. "Let's do this."

Harper took a smaller bag that was next to Leo's.

She shoved the weapon in it and grabbed another. She set her bag aside and pointed the gun-like object at the wall, double-checking that the right end was facing her.

She then pressed the trigger and a laser beam shot out, reflecting off the wall back to her. She shrieked and quickly dropped to the floor.

"At least we know it works." Harper said, smiling at the weapon.

Leo handed her a black vest. "Here."

"A protection vest?" She asked.

"Yeah. It should be able to protect us against anything Marcus throws at us." He explained.

••••

The sun set and the bright moon appeared, illuminating the starry night sky.

A group of stars with a lazy twinkle scattered around the moon, while gauze-like clouds floated in the sky, hinting at the ethereal fairyland of a palace pavilion.

Harper gazed at the starry sky, her innocent imagination sparked by the night sky, the bright mon and the twinkling stars. The black and blue sky resembled a piece of paper adorned with beautiful flowers, like a sparking lamps quietly lying in the darkness.

Leo and Harper took turns pulling the wagon towards Marcus' house.

"Look out, bad guys. Our brave heroes have arrived, towing their powerful weapons in their little red wagon." Eddy voice came through the watch.

Leo glanced down at his wrist. "It was either this, or my mum's leopard-print roller bag. We made a choice, live with it."

"How are we supposed to get inside?" Eddy questioned.

Leo walked up to the blue wooden wall. "There's a hidden entryway somewhere behind this wall."

"No problemo. I have a thermal scanner that can detect anomalies in the wall's inner structure." He assured.

Harper raised her eyebrows. "You do?"

"Of course not. I'm inside a watch from an airplane catalogue. Can't even take me out in the rain." Eddy responded. Leo smacked the watch against the wall. "Ouch!"