Chapter 4, last day home

I awoke to the loud buzzing sound of the alarm clock next to my head, on the bedside table under the crystal-like glass lamp. I'm exhausted from last night and feel like sleeping in, but I know I can't. I gently slammed my finger on the button labeled OFF and climbed out of bed. I've woken up an hour earlier than normal so I can use the bathroom first. I turn on the lights to pick out an outfit, something simple, just some jeans and a long sleeve shirt in a pale lilac color. Quietly, I run to the bathroom. I don't have time to take a shower, so I just brush my teeth and put on a small amount of makeup, nothing bold. I put on a bit more jewelry than I normally do,  since the sun exists on TSITM, it should catch the light.
I hear loud knocking on the door, followed by Sky's voice.
"Hey! Be quick in there, I need to go to school too!" Her voice was as it always has been, loud and energetic, I could easily say it reminded me of bubbles at a kids birthday party, floaty and lively. I open the door, quickly with force, making Sky take a step back to avoid getting hit in the face.
I laugh, "Sorry about that."
"It's fine." my sister smiled and waved her hand, then darted into the bathroom.

Apparently, we woke our mom up, she was standing outside her bedroom door with her glasses on, fully dressed with her hair pulled up in a neat ponytail.
"Good morning, Chloe." She gave a tired smile.
"Mornin'," I smile and yawn
"Are you excited?"
I nod with the energy I can manage to stir up and grin.

Mom turned her head towards the door of the bathroom, "Sky! What are you doing in there?!"

The door swung open, "baking a cake!" Sky yelled sarcastically, pointing to her face. She had a small bit of blue eyeshadow, the same color of her eyes.
My mom laughed.

"What're we having for breakfast?" I asked.

"Whatever you girls want." My mom started to walk downstairs towards the kitchen.

I looked at Sky "Chocolate chip pancakes." She said, giving a quick nod.
"I was gonna say those big fluffy waffles," I raised an eyebrow.
Sky frowned, "But mom never lets us have anything sweet for breakfast."
"I bet she would make both."
Sky smiled and sped down the stairs and I raced after her. Mom had definitely heard our "conversation", a pan with batter was on the stovetop, and the waffle-cooker had the little light on it that meant it's doing its work. My mom can cook surprisingly quickly, either that or she can make time stop, on top of her other power,  being able to project her memories into the minds of others.
She turns towards me and Sky, "We can eat in the living room, you two should set up the tables."
Sky lifted her wings in excitement and fluttered them, slightly levitating off of the ground. I run past her so I can put the tables out first and get a good spot in-front of the T.V.
We should be able to watch a movie, or a few episodes of our favorite show, we have an hour and a half before we both have to leave. Mom will be driving Sky, and I'll get an Uber to drive me to the train station.
My sister flew behind me as I was putting the third table up, "Movie?" She asked, I nodded and handed her the remote. We both have the same favorite movie, so we don't have to agree to disagree about choosing one.
My mom comes out with our breakfasts on a tray for us to share; a large, delicate stack of pancakes with chocolate chips generously sprinkled within the soft dough, ever so slightly crispy around the edges, and two large fluffy waffles, sparingly drizzled with maple syrup and a large amount of powdered sugar, soft and fluffy, just how Sky and I like it.
We quickly eat our food, swallowing and eating another bite in mere seconds as the T.V played; we were able to watch two or three episodes until we finished.

Mom stood at the edge of the doorframe and waved, "I'll be driving Sky to school. Chloe, do you want to drive yourself or should I pay for an uber?"
I thought for a moment, 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧, 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨.
"I'll use an Uber."
Mom nodded and pulled out her phone. "Can you wait by yourself? I need to take Sky in two minutes, the your ride will be here in 15," She asked, I nodded in return.

Without any warning, Sky jumped on top of me, vigorously fluttering her wings. "I'm gonna miss you!" Her voice rose to a volume I wasn't aware she was capable of.
I hugged her back "I'll be back in 12 moons, trust me, it'll go by fast."
With some force, mom gently tore Sky off of me and pulled her car keys out of her pocket. 
"C'mon, you'll be late. And you've said goodbye to your sister."
I followed them to the kitchen and put on my sneakers, as well as lifting up my bag with a small ounce of levitation.
"Bye! See you in a year!" Sky waved and hugged me again.
Once they had both left, and the sound of the car faded out of my ears, I opened the door and saw the thing I would miss the most.

Planet:Unicorn had the most beautiful foliage, attuning itself to the sky and catching silver moonlight. The flowers didn't need bright, hot sunlight, they were able to acquire their glow in all shades of the rainbow from just the moon's enchanting luminescence.  It was the moon and flowers alone that lit up the crystal streets and pathways of this planet, their light sometimes spreading across cyan lakes and rivers, as well as the starts, which shone in brilliant colors that could only be visible in a dream to any other who did not witness it firsthand. The sound of everything was different as well, the fauna seemed to speak its own language of little sparkles and "tink" noises. And running water, instead of violent sounds of whooshing and crashing on rocks, they were gentle, flowing on top of crystal, their edges dull from being worn.

Listening and watching definitely causes time to run by quickly, a black car pulled up to my house and a man poked his head out of the window.
"Everything's paid! Just put your stuff in the back."