Chapter 2, dinner

Sky looked towards the ground, placing her hand in the pockets of the leather jacket she's wearing.
"The red haired lady. The one with fire-"

I sigh "I know who you're talking about"

"Well, it's your last day here." As my sister spoke, she turned her head towards the pot, "And I'd hate to let that go to waste!" She let out a small giggle.

I smiled and nodded in agreement. Grab Sky's hand, I walked toward the dining room.
"What sides are the forks and knives on?" I asked

"The fork and napkin go on the left, and the spoon and knives go on the right. I can fill the glasses for you."

"Thanks Sky"

Everyone in this house loves this special drink that's only made here. It has a similar texture to a smoothie, made with various crystal fruits and syrups. It's usually topped with a lemon. Thankfully, there's enough in the fridge.

"I won't say anything about the cardinal," I thought to myself. I want this dinner to be special, so I shouldn't ruin it by bringing something like that up. I just have to hope that Sky doesn't say anything.

The bowls are now being filled with delicious looking vegetables, steamed and boiled in boiling water. It takes everything for me to not grab a bite of one before everyone sits down.
Finally, after what seemed like fifteen minutes (even though it was probably only one, but time passes slowly sometimes)

"So," said mom, clasping her hands together, smiling "how was the tour?"

"It was good! The school is HUGE". I wasn't lying or twisting the truth, the school's big enough to fill up an entire planet. Anyone with megalophobia would die of pure fear upon seeing the building.

"How are the dorms?" Sky chimed in, ending her sentence in a short chirp noise.

"They were nice, I'll be sharing a room with three other people."

"Dining hall?"

"Very fancy, and large."

"The food?"

"Never saw it."

"Are there uniforms?"

"No. Thankfully."

Most of dinner was Sky asking me as many questions as possible while my mom quickly finished her food. I tried to eat as much as possible through all of the talking I had to do. I think the only reason I managed to finish it was because mom told Sky to let me eat.

Dessert is always my favorite meal. And yes; here, on Planet:Unicorn, dessert is a meal. Meaning that it's always served in large portions and always made with care, it's the last thing you taste before you go to bed.
Tonight's was my favorite, chocolate mousse served in fancy milkshake-style glasses, topped with generous amounts of whipped cream, sprinkles and marshmallows.
Basically, every child's dream.

I check the large clock by the wall, constantly ticking, clicking, tocking. It's late, about 11:15.

Mom looked towards the clock as well, then back at my sister and I.
"You two should be getting ready for bed. Both of you have school tomorrow."

The rest of the night was spent brushing our teeth, washing faces, and getting into our pajamas.