35. Survival Of The Fittest

Comenzar desde el principio

Her relationship with her dad was far superior to anything that could be named. He was a mother to her, her best friend, her brother and her father at the same time. Treated her like a princess and spoiled her with everything she could imagine having. Just needed a word, and he was even willing to bring the moon down for her.

He cooked with her, went on shopping trips with her, went on vacations and listened to her pry about all the boy troubles she had in school and college. He was a part of her daily routine, and it was utterly devastating to not have him around anymore. At all.

Right now, the only person who was saving Jennie was Jungkook. She was only listening to him and beaming when he smiled at her. Felt normal when he was with her. Went on daily morning walks with her. Was emotionally available to her.

You had decided not to talk about you and Jungkook to Jennie yet. She was finding peace in him and you didn't want to take that away from her. Not now, at least.

And you had to discuss this with Jungkook. That is why you're standing in front of Jungkook's door. After ten days of not seeing him properly. Ten days of not kissing him. Ten days of not spending time with him.

The timing was always off. Something or the other happened and you've got no chance. But now you're here finally.

Jennie's out to the nearest grocery store with your mom to prepare for tomorrow's breakfast. Everyone's almost headed to sleep.

There's silence everywhere. The best time you could think of to meet Jungkook–who was pretty tired earlier and went to sleep an hour ago.

You're almost guilty of disturbing him, but you're sure he'd be happy to see you. Maybe you could sleep with him or something.

This was a need. This. That's why you've knocked on his door. Patiently waiting.

A pair of footsteps appear closer to the door in seconds. Unlock the door. Open it a few seconds later. And you're seeing Jungkook with his eyes half closed. Hair scrambled. Lose white shirt hanging off his body he's put on in a hurry to open the door. The lazy trousers tucked loose.

Those doe eyes barely opened.

He looked so tired.

"Hey," You come closer, look up at him, graze your fingers at his cheek and Jungkook adjusts to the lightning. Slowly blinks and realizes it's you after all.

You smile vividly at him, "You tired kook?"

He opens his eyes fully, balances his hand on the door slab, throws his head down and sighs hard. "Tell me I'm awake and this is not a dream." He huskily voices, shuts his eyes tight and opens them. Notices your feet actually in front of his doorstep.

"I missed you." You're fidgeting with your fingers and Jungkook nods. Leaves his hand down. Reaches on yours. Clasps them with one hand and pulls you inside.

He shuts the door. Don't give you chance to load your brain and he's lifted you off your feet. Throws you on his shoulder and carries you like a sack of rice until he eventually slips you lower to grasp your fragile body in a hug.

Squeezes you tightly against him. "God, I missed you so much." He cries. Presses his cheeks against yours. Groans and whispers all 'I love you's'

Takes you to the bed. Drops you on the soft comfort he was sleeping on a few minutes ago. Reaches on the back of his shirt and tugs it out. Throws it on the floor. Don't let you have a grasp of the situation and immediately press his lips hurriedly with yours. And you're dipping inside the sheet with the sheer force of adoration.

He was waiting so much for this. So long for this. So long to kiss you. Hug you and hold you close.

You are getting pecked on every single part of your skin. "I love you." A kiss on your lips. "I love you." A kiss on the tip of your nose. "I love you." A kiss on your forehead. "God, I love you so much." A kiss on the top of your nose. "Freakin' missed you." A little bite on your cheeks and a tight smooch to ease the feeling.