As the World Falls Down

Hello and welcome to my book of imagines all about our beautiful Goblin King! If you have any requests, feel free to send them in!

(Y/n) - Your name

(Q/n) - Queen's name

Plot: A year after completing the Labyrinth and choosing to stay, you realise that you return Jareth's feelings, perhaps you had all along but is it too late now that he is supposed to marry another?

That night, you lay in your bed staring up at the murals on the ceiling that you had so often admired.

With a growing feeling of overwhelming sadness weighing heavy in your chest, you almost wished that you could escape to one of the idyllic scenes that were depicted before you just to ensure that 'he' would send you one more glance of affection; you often caught him marvelling at the paintings and hoped that one day, he would look at you with the same adoration.

By 'him' you mean Jareth, the king of the goblins and ruler over the Labyrinth.

The day had brought nothing but confusion, the brief glances of acknowledgement that Jareth did send your way were oddly out of character and yet this did nothing to break the ties of affection you bore for him.

Though, when you tried to confront him about his actions, he simply stated that he did not have the time and carried on his walk to the throne room. You so desperately wanted to tell him of the newly discovered emotions that harboured themselves firmly within your heart, and yet, he was acting as if you barely knew one other.

Whilst you were indeed once uncertain about how you should feel towards him given that he had brought you into a life so different from the one you had known back home, you were quick to realise that you could never really go back even if you wanted to. How could you leave him?

A heavy knock at the door pulled you from your dreamlike state filled with images of you and Jareth living far away from the commanding eyes of the court and you quickly answered the knock in the hopes that it would be him.

You opened the door expecting to see Jareth, and yet, there was nothing but a letter on a silver tray sitting on the floor just waiting to be opened and its secrets to spill.

'Great, now he doesn't even want to talk to me' you thought as you hastily broke the seal, only to discover that it wasn't from Jareth but the Queen of the neighbouring lands who was currently touring the Labyrinth for the annual union of the kingdoms.

(Y/n)

Whilst I would like to say I will be thrilled to meet you at tonight's ball, this would be a lie. After all, I have wanted to meet the mystery woman Jareth has introduced to the castle, and yet, I know that he only keeps you here out of pity. We all know that, except, it seems, for yourself.

I'm sure you will dance with many eligible suitors who won't be off put by your lack of charm, but you must wake up and realise that Jareth deserves to be with someone who will actually be of benefit to his kingdom.

Don't you see that you could never be what he wants? You will heed my warning and you will stay away from him. Besides, he has already proposed and we are due to unite our realms by the end of the fall; tonight is our engagement ball.

I do hope you will be able to make it and see how happy I make him,

(Queen Q/N)

Reading the last line of the message, your eyes began to gloss over the phrase 'How happy I make him' as it replayed over and over in your mind.