Reality

"draco, where are you taking me?" hermione asked.

"you'll see." he said with his signature smirk.

they stopped walking. draco took hermione's blindfold off.

"you took me to a bookstore?" hermione said, looking at him.

"yeah, why?" he said, worrying if something was wrong.

hermione's smile grew, and she threw her arms around him. "thank you!"

then she ran in the store. draco followed.

"why is no one else in here?" hermione asked, turning to face draco.

he smirked. "i bribed the owner to let me use it for the night."

"ah, yes, the perks of being rich."

he chuckled, and took her hand, leading her to the fantasy section. "i'm assuming this is your home?"

"the fantasy section is my home, how'd you know?"

"i pay a lot more attention to you than you think, granger." he tapped his temple with a smirk.

"clearly," she started to grab books and place them in the basket draco grabbed for her.

after a couple of minutes, draco worked up the courage to say what he wanted to say.and to ask her out.

"hermione," he started.

"yeah?" she asked, not turning around the from the bookshelf.

draco came up from behind her, took her waist and spun her around so she was facing him. then, he took the book she had in her hands and threw it into the basket.

she raised an eyebrow, but inside, her stomach was doing summer salts at how much distance lacked between them.

he took a breath, "hermione, i like you. and i know you said you wanted to be friends, but i can't help myself. every time i hang out with you, see your smile, or when you skin brushes against mine, i fall harder."

hermione sighed, feelings and emotions coursing through her. "draco...i like you too, and i want to be with you, i really do, but i don't know if i'm ready for that hurt all over again."

draco fiddled with her hoodie strings, pulling them, forcing her to come closer.

"i'm not going to force you into anything you don't want to do, but i'm ready whenever your ready."

hermione knew he wouldn't wait for her forever. someday, some other girl would come along and would be ready to be with him. she thought back to what ginny said. and then she knew what she would do, what choice she would make.

hermione leaned forward, and pressed her lips against draco's.

the world disappeared. the only people that existed were draco and hermione.

draco's tongue licked her bottom lip. hermione gasped, and draco slid his tongue in her mouth.

draco wrapped his arms hermione's waist, pulling her closer, close as she could possibly be to draco.

hermione ran a hand through draco hair, tugging his head down. he let out a groan. she did it again.

draco bite her bottom lip, earning a moan from hermione.

hermione slowly pulled away, her eyes still closed. she rested her forehead against his, breathing hard.

their kiss was like rain in dry land.

draco slowly started to smile. he ran a thumb over hermione's swollen lips.

"i haven't kissed someone like that in so long," hermione said, her voice slightly hoarse.

draco let out a low chuckle. "your lips show."

"b-but what if i get hurt?" hermione started, before draco pressed his lips against hers once again, silencing her worries.

"i choose you, draco malfoy," hermione mumbled against his lips. "over myself."

draco furrowed his brows, as he allowed hermione's tongue slip in his mouth.

draco pulled away, resting a hand on hermione's cheek, while his other arm was around her waist.

"would you like me to read to you?" he asked her.

she slowly smiled and nodded. he grabbed the first book he saw, a court of thorns and roses, and slid down the bookshelf, motioning for hermione to sit in between his legs.

she sat in between legs, resting her head against his chest, listening to the gentle sound of his heartbeat. he wrapped his arms around her, and started to read.