11- "Aftermath."

"Dewey Riley was an amazing deputy, and person. He did anything to protect the people he loved. He also was a stubborn ass, trust me I've known him my whole life.
He was an amazing man." Sidney goes on. "He was always there for me. Through and throughout ghost-face. He was my big brother." Sidney wraps up, she walks towards Gale hugging her. The begin lowering the coffin all of us watching. And by all of us I mean myself, Tara, Sam, Mindy, Chad, Sidney, Gale, and Martha. I look at the tombstone. Seeing the words 'Dwight 'Dewey Riley. One badass deputy, a loving father, and an amazing person.' I smile. He was very badass.

"At least he's with my uncle now." Mindy mutters to me. I let a smile.

"They were lowkey gay for each other." I reply back. We both let out a silent laugh.

About 5 minutes later we all walk off out of the cemetery.

"Well what do we do now?" Tara asks, our hands interlocked.

"How about we move to New York and go to college?" Mindy suggests. Chad, Sam, Tara, and myself look at her laughing. "What?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"Oh, you're being serious?" Chad raises her eyebrows surprised.

"Fuck you guys!" Mindy rolls her eyes. I see Gale and Sidney look at me.

"Hey guys, I'll catch up in a bit." I tell the group. They nod and I walk over to Sidney and Gale.

"Hey. How you holding up?" They ask smiling at me.

"I'll be fine." I tell them. "You guys?"

"We'll be okay." They glance at each other. "Who are you staying with?"

"The Meeks."

"They're a good family." Sidney replies. "He'd be happy you're staying with them. Where you going next?"

"Maybe I'll try out New York, they got some good colleges." I shrug, smiling. They nod.

"Here. You need this." Gale hands me a gun making me smile again.

"I have one already."

"You always need two." Sidney says, I nod taking it. "Um—you know, I read somewhere 'Just when you think things can't get any worse, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they get better.' keep your head up kid."

"That was really corny, but thank you so much." I begin laughing, Gale as well.

"Your dad said it to me—well from my book." Sidney shrugs. I look behind me to see Tara waiting.

"Yeah, thank you guys, for everything. For taking care of my dad all these years." I tell them. "I have one question though."

"Anything."

"How was Tatum—? My dads sister—my aunt." They both look at each other smiling.

"She was a badass like your father." Sidney laughs. "She was also my best-friend."

"I assumed so." We all sit in silence for a minute.

"Just call if you need us, at anytime." Gale smiles at me.

"Of course." I smile at them and walk towards Tara.

"Everything okay?" She asks, holding my hand.

"Hopefully it will be." We walk towards where the car was.

"Wheres the car—"

"Get in the car losers! We're going to New York!" Mindy pulls up, hitting the breaks making the car screech.

"We're not going to New York, Mindy!" Chad and Sam shout from the backseats.

-

NEXT CHAPTER THE SEQUEL DETAILS —->