London based courses top the list as best value for money in England

Despite paying higher fees,  are more likely to be satisfied with the value of their London-based courses

Despite paying higher fees, are more likely to be satisfied with the value of their London-based courses. London-based courses are the best value for money in England, providing top-tier education in the heart of the bustling city.

According to a recent THE study, students enrolled in London-based courses are more likely to view their programme as a worthwhile investment and have higher levels of contentment than their counterparts studying elsewhere in England.

According to a new report from London Higher based on the 2022 Student Academic Experience Survey, international students in the capital are more likely than domestic students to regard their educational experience as good or very good value, with 41% versus 35%, respectively.

According to the organization, students enrolled in smaller, more specialized institutions are more satisfied and see their London-based courses as beneficial, which is most likely due to lower staff-to-student ratios and the intensive, specialized education provided.

According to the report "Living and Learning in London," which was created in collaboration with the Higher Education Policy Institute (HEPI), the high scores for international students studying in London can be attributed in part to a significant number of domestic students who commute from their family homes in or near the city, avoiding the high costs of accommodation.

Furthermore, London's higher proportion of mature students may have contributed to the city's high ratings, as those aged 25 and up report a better-than-expected experience when compared to those aged 21 and under.

International students in London who said their education was worse than expected cited poor teaching and a lack of face-to-face peer interaction as the main reasons, as well as ongoing industrial action that has resulted in class cancellations.

Diana Beech, CEO of , acknowledged the report's positive findings regarding students' perceptions of their studies in London with London Based courses.

However, she stressed the importance of remembering that some students' experiences were still worse than expected. Because the number of student placements in the region is expected to increase the most in the next ten years, Beech emphasized the importance of addressing the underlying issues that lead to negative experiences.

According to the report, more research is needed to determine how students from different backgrounds may require different teaching methods and how London's universities can best cater to the needs of their diverse student populations.

Despite London's reputation as an isolating and unwelcoming city, the survey found that its student population was far more likely than that of any other region of the UK to rate their level of happiness as nine or ten on a scale of one to ten.

Furthermore, when compared to students from other UK regions, are the least likely to report feeling lonely, with the highest percentage indicating that they never or almost never feel lonely.

While there are concerns about the high cost of living in London, which may discourage some students from studying there, data clearly shows that most students who choose to study in London benefit from their decision, according to Nick Hillman, the Director of HEPI.

Sir Anthony Finkelstein, president of City University London, praised the report for dispelling some myths about what it's like to be a student in London.

He emphasized the high quality and diversity of London's educational institutions, as well as the benefits of studying in a global city.

Sir Anthony was also intrigued by the report's focus on the unique ways in which London institutions collaborate with the city's job opportunities.