Chapter Two: Three Knocks & Shower Steam

You get accompanied to your hotel room just before four am - Your luggage took forever to arrive at the airport, so you had to endure an extra hour of waiting. The boys waited. You hand the young woman a twenty as a thank you, then she leaves. You drop your phone onto the end of the massive bed.

You muster the room; Wide windows reach from the floor to the ceiling. They are framed by heavy curtains and the fully carpeted floors seem excessive for a hotel room in the Middle East.

You walk into the next room and reach into the shower to turn on the water. The bathroom is drenched in golden accessories, somewhat tacky to the eye, but it fits to the beige tiles nonetheless. You hold your hand under the steady stream of water, assessing the temperature.

You hear a knock, followed by another one, and then another one. You wander back into the main room, and then towards the door. With the help of your tiptoes you lift yourself far enough to look through the peephole in the door - What is he doing here?

You unlock the door - Letting in Thiago. It's too late to even question why he's here. You head back into the bathroom to turn off the water, his eyes stalking you as you walk away from him.

y/n: Please lock the door.

He follows you into the bathroom; You turn off the water. Guess the shower will have to wait now. He leans against the door frame of the bathroom.

Thiago: I locked it.

You give him a soft, satisfied smile through the mirror's reflection. Although you slept a little on the plane, you wouldn't mind getting ready for bed. He watches you silently as you unpack your toiletries - You start brushing your hair, and then you tie it into a ponytail. He's chewing on his lower lip.

y/n: Why aren't you sleeping?

He shakes his head before answering.

Thiago: I couldn't. I tried as soon as I got to my room.

y/n: Ohh... Well that sucks... So you decided to come here to prevent me from sleeping?

He chuckles.

Thiago: Maybe...

Silence settles in.

Thiago: Okay, yeah, something like that...

You turn the sink on and continue with your skin care routine. After he broke up with you before the last season ended, he came to your room a couple more times as well - Was it bad judgement on your behalf to even let him in after he dumped you? Sure. It's not like you can stop loving someone immediately though... You spend endless amounts of time with someone, you plan your futures, discuss what records you want to set, what titles you'll get in time... You discuss where you wanna travel to, what you want to experience, and what you want from life in general - Everything really. Then before you know it, he dumps you, not even telling you why he did... You pat your face dry with a towel. He still hasn't moved away from the door frame.

Thiago: Are you going to sleep after you're done?

y/n smiling: I actually intended on showering... and then you showed up Ace... *A flirty smile appears on both your faces* But yeah, I'll sleep afterwards.

Thiago grins: Oh don't mind me... No one's stopping you from showering.

You look over your shoulder with an annoyed smile.

There's a shift in energy.

y/n laughing: I knew you would say that...

You untie your hair, turn around and lean against the bathroom vanity. He tilts his head; Mirroring your actions pretty much, before stepping into the room. He slowly moves towards you. His breath is slow and even... Yours isn't.

His eyes meet yours as he comes to an halt in front of your body. Your hands are holding onto the edge of the vanity, whilst his are steadily wrapping their way around your waist. Moments like this ensure you that he's not over you; That he broke it off for some unimportant reason... That he still feels the same way. One of his thumbs is gently stroking up and down - You unclench both your hands from the vanity; Your left hand makes its way up to his face, whilst your right hand is gliding up his chest, over the fabric of his navy-blue hoodie.

You lay your hand on top of the cross that's dangling at the end of his chain.

y/n whispering: A-Ace...

He blows a nearly undetectable 'pshhh' onto your lips, before yours meet his. Uncertainty leaves your body right that instance. His hands feel steady, whereas yours are weak. His lips part unnoticeably, before he presses another kiss onto your bottom lip. You inhale softly, whilst your lips separate again and again - He pulls away ever so slightly, and you find yourself chasing after them - You need to taste him. He succumbs immediately, and presses his lips, and his body against yours. His hands start wandering, whilst he spreads gentle kisses down your neck and onto your collarbone.

He releases you out of his grasp and pulls his hoodie over his head - His hair becomes messier, and nearly instinctively, you run your hands along his scalp, combing his blonde hair backwards again. He helps you out of your top, and then focusses his attention on your lips again. His touch leaves burning marks of need and want all over your body - The two of you stumble towards the shower, where he turns it on, while you focus on getting out of your jeans. He frees you out of your Levi's, before removing his sweatpants.

The weight of his body pushes you against the shower wall, where the water's heat is radiating outward and the steam is rising quickly. His hands cup your face, desperately pulling you in for another kiss, as if his life depended on it - Moaning your name under his breath. Lust clouds your judgement, as you undress each other completely and submerge yourselves under the warm water...